Garber hints at change to 'Canadians as internationals' rule.

Dub Narcotic

A number of Voyageurs are working on a letter-petition to ask for full domestic status for all Canadians in MLS. For now we are not going public not until we get some initial internal feedback, but if you want to see it and comment, just send me a pm and you are in the loop. 

If anyone has an updated mailing list of specialized soccer press in North America, as well.

Just to be clear: I am of the opinion that the Vs are fully prepared and justified to make occasional statements, agreed upon by consensus (not vote, and not unanimity), for the good of Canadian soccer. We do not need to ask anyone's permission to do this. I also believe that pretty well any Voyageur could be a spokesperson on the major issues, which we mostly agree on.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/18/2017 at 1:34 AM, matty said:

I just saw this article now. The NASL position sounds a lot more tenable and realistic to me from a legal perspective - I have a hard time imagining anyone from Panama would sue the MLS for making Canadians domestic across a US/Canadian league. .It also fits in place with what the old NASL used to do, which is why there were so many Canadians playing on US teams back in the day (Dale Mitchell, Branko Segota, Wes McLeod, Bruce Wilson, Bob Iarusci to name but a few of the prominent ones).

Archived