Chilean flag in Vancouver Southsiders section

Anyone care to explain that one?

I'm sure the excuse will be that it was for Morales but seriously WTF?  After the criticism Vancouver gets all week they decide it's a good idea to put a massive Chilean flag in the south side... as big as the Canadian one that has been there consistently.

And Vancouver wonders why they don't get MNT home games?  What a joke that club is, supporters and management alike. 

Sheesh dude. Give it a rest. It's not like Bustos was in the game day 18 much less on the field. Club vs country again. Separate the 2.

It was acknowledgement for Morales as you suggested. They've done it before with Iceland when Tietur was coach and various other flags. What are the supporters supposed to do? Not put up something they've worked on for a starter because one of the kids in the residency is a douchebag? Would that make you happy? Probably not, you'd just find something else to whine about.

Edited by TRM

If yesterday was the first time, then very poor taste by the caps supporters considering last weeks events.

Also looking at the southsiders forum it is pretty sickening to see that they act like a victim for not playing Canadian players or that it is some sort of anti Toronto bias. When Toronto has done a poor job playing Canadians ie the Mariner era, they has been criticised.

I care a hell of a lot more about the Canadian national team then club football. It seems that most Vancouver supporters feel the opposite, which is fine but please stop acting like there is some sort of anti Vancouver bias on here.

This is starting to get stupid. There are a bunch of Latinos who are part or sit with the Rain City Brigade who chant a lot in Spanish and every time Morales has the ball or takes a corner they chant vamos Chile or some other Chilean chant. And to think that because Bustos is being a dink, supporters have to stop supporting is a ridiculous stretch. Anti Vancouver bias confirmed.

So how do you think a Chilean flag in the Southside is going to influence an 18 year old IMMEDIATELY after this fiasco?  Do you think he might say "wow everyone is cool with this?" and continue?

Great there are a bunch of Spanish supporters in the South End... so where are the Uruguayan and Honduran flags? 

Clearly the Southsiders care as much about the CMNT as their management.  Trust me... there is no chance in hell this would go down in Toronto.  The true supporters here actually do care about our national team and changing the face of football in this nation.  If one of our youth players decided to play for England you wouldn't see a massive English flag in 112 or 113 the next weekend and Toronto supporters saying "Defoe is one of our best players etc."  My guess is that you have Chilean supporters amongst you who thoroughly support Bustos decision, which is fine... but should the Canadian Southsiders not stand up and say "hey, maybe not a good idea here guys". 

Once again ridiculous and the reason why this country has international records in traitors.  Just imagine how this would play out at ANY other club in the world lol.  Vancouver not only has the record for least domestic content internationally but apparently the most naive supporters as well.   

You're one of the largest supporter clubs we have in this country and with that display you basically made it known that what he did was okay.. whether intentional or not.  Seems such a coincidence though don't you think?  Suddenly a massive Chilean flag appears but ONLY AFTER the Bustos fiasco.  Are we all being trolled or this real life?

Edited by Keegan

Oh so we aren't true supporters because we don't fit your narrow minded definition, wah wah wah all the way home. Everyone must do as Keegan says or we are not supporters in his view. Nice to see Bustos has company in the douchebag camp. Say hi to him for us will you.

Maybe they did it just to piss you off? Maybe they all sat around and said "what would really get under Keegan's skin right about now?". 

News flash for you but most people outside of a small group of us on this board, the southsiders plus maybe some who read the article on the whitecaps site even know about this. It might be a big deal to us but outside of maybe 200 people max who would even know? 

Do you really think that a bunch of Morales fans could give drop of ratshit about Bustos? Marco who? And even less for your opinion I can assure you.

So the CSA has done NOTHING but the club should? And now the supporters should not honour our midfield maestro because of some kid? This is a national team issue. National team issues are dealt with by the CSA. Why don't you direct your vitriol at them? Maybe they care as much about your opinion as I do. Maybe less (if that's possible).

Cheers and keep up the good work entertaining us with your rants. 

Edited by TRM

So how do you think a Chilean flag in the Southside is going to influence an 18 year old IMMEDIATELY after this fiasco?  Do you think he might say "wow everyone is cool with this?" and continue?

Great there are a bunch of Spanish supporters in the South End... so where are the Uruguayan and Honduran flags? 

Clearly the Southsiders care as much about the CMNT as their management.  Trust me... there is no chance in hell this would go down in Toronto.  The true supporters here actually do care about our national team and changing the face of football in this nation.  If one of our youth players decided to play for England you wouldn't see a massive English flag in 112 or 113 the next weekend and Toronto supporters saying "Defoe is one of our best players etc."  My guess is that you have Chilean supporters amongst you who thoroughly support Bustos decision, which is fine... but should the Canadian Southsiders not stand up and say "hey, maybe not a good idea here guys". 

Once again ridiculous and the reason why this country has international records in traitors.  Just imagine how this would play out at ANY other club in the world lol.  Vancouver not only has the record for least domestic content internationally but apparently the most naive supporters as well.   

You're one of the largest supporter clubs we have in this country and with that display you basically made it known that what he did was okay.. whether intentional or not.  Seems such a coincidence though don't you think?  Suddenly a massive Chilean flag appears but ONLY AFTER the Bustos fiasco.  Are we all being trolled or this real life?

Give it a rest mate, shows over.

When did I say they weren't true supporters?  Of course they are.  My problem is the fact that as you said TRM the Southsiders know about the Bustos situation and "care" so why did   a bigger Chilean flag show up next to the Canada flag that they've had since day one?

Whatever, I'm done with my "rant".  Apparently it's a crime to be passionate and want what's best for Canadian footy on a Canadian footy site.  Just spare us the complaining when WCQs are all in Toronto again in 2015/16. 

Edited by Keegan

Dude, are you actually retarded, or do you just play that character on the internet?

I get that you are pissed off Keegan, but I think it's best to treat this as a totally separate thing unless proven otherwise.  

And if it IS a separate thing, I think you'll find yourself up against it pretty hard arguing to landed Canadians not to have pride in the country they are trying to nationalize from.  It doesn't mean they don't ALSO love Canada, they probably do.  I know it's not great for Canadian soccer, because people have other options, I KNOW that.  I'm a proud Canadian that is ONLY a Canadian, and I have serious national pride.  

However, telling someone from, say, Nigeria that they should burn all their Nigerian flags and artefacts and become only Canadian?  Even the most staunch CMNT supporter would probably admit that this sounds absolutely crackbrained.  In fact, thinking as I'm typing that, it sounds positively American lol.  Now, I know that isn't your argument Keegan, but if in fact the Chilean flag flying is for Morelos, and is completely separate from Bustos, it naturally follows that there is nothing wrong with it.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with having a Chilean flag at the match.  It's just poor timing I guess that I saw a flag bigger than the Canadian one I have seen since day one of Vancouver in MLS and it happened to be Chilean after the situation that just happened and it was in your supporter section . 

Anyways it doesn't matter anymore as Chile chose not to select Bustos so he'll settle for the Milk Cup.

Edited by Keegan