Tesho Akindele

I'd be ecstatic if things didn't work out on the USMNT for Tesho and he jumped ship. Won't happen though.

I hope they cap him, he clearly doesn't consider us option number 1, I find it hard to root for guys like this.

I don't blame him for aspiring to USMNT or anything.

I hope they cap him, he clearly doesn't consider us option number 1, I find it hard to root for guys like this.

I agree I hope they cap him so we can stop talking about him. I wish he would have chosen us, but he didn't. I respect his decision to play for the US as he feels more American than Canadian as I was not born in Canada but I grew up here and feel I am more Canadian than other and I would play for Canada as my #1 choice.

Edited by Ruffian

I agree I hope they cap him so we can stop talking about him. I wish he would have chosen us, but he didn't. I respect his decision to play for the US as he feels more American than Canadian as I was not born in Canada but I grew up here and feel I am more Canadian than other and I would play for Canada as my #1 choice.

We're assuming he feels more American than Canadian. He couldve simply chosen them because they have a stronger national team and have a better chance of making the world cup and his ego is telling him he's good enough to make a USA world cup team. 

Just because he chose them doesn't mean he feels more American, could strictly be a business or World Cup decision. 

I mean he didn't have a problem suiting up for us during that one game at youth level. 

Edited by king1010

I said IF larin and hamilton develop. Of course they arent playing anywhere near mls. Theyre still teenagers. Also i wouldnt close the book on hoilett and cavallini yet. One or both may show when the games count this summer.

Akindele didnt exactly tear up MLS last yr. your acting like he was a stud

I'm not acting like anything, all I did was state facts and the fact is we don't currently have any decent striker options and Tesho would be a decent striker option.

I don't care who suits up for us as long as they're wearing red and play well. If Tesho doesn't end up cap tied to the US and comes back to play for us I'm not going to cheer any less for him. I want the best possible squad.

It's not surprising but it does really suck. Tesho would be our fist choice striker if he played for us. He's probably going to get 1 or 2 caps for the US and that will be it for him.

Well if those 1 or 2 caps are in friendlies he can still choose to switch back to us because when he played for our youth team it was in a friendly and not official turni.

Agreed....we tend to drag out conversations on guys until they are finally capped and gone for good.  Note that Floro mentioned he won't be calling Cavallini, because Cavallini kept declining calls?

Agreed....we tend to drag out conversations on guys until they are finally capped and gone for good. Note that Floro mentioned he won't be calling Cavallini, because Cavallini kept declining calls?

When did floro say that? Was it along thr lines of if he wants to play for us he can call floro?

No I didn't mean to insinuate he said he was done with Cavallini.  But in that same discussion, I can't remember the exact quote, but something about wanting players who were actually accepting calls was mentioned...something to do with rewarding those that want to be there?

by the looks of things in that ESPN bit, the kid has his head on his shoulders, and knows the risks/rewards.  Good for him.  He's well advised!  I see that the Americans are equally concerned about their future as we are, and are somewhat intimidated by Larin getting first overall.  And remember that not everyone loves Klinsman's tactics or selection these days - they are a few bad results from a full scaled revolt down there.

by the looks of things in that ESPN bit, the kid has his head on his shoulders, and knows the risks/rewards.  Good for him.  He's well advised!  I see that the Americans are equally concerned about their future as we are, and are somewhat intimidated by Larin getting first overall.  And remember that not everyone loves Klinsman's tactics or selection these days - they are a few bad results from a full scaled revolt down there.

If they saw Larin play in the U20's they wouldn't be so intimidated. Hopefully he'll do well in MLS though. 

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2015/01/21/jurgen-klinsmann-tesho-akindeles-january-usmnt-camp

Klinsmann on Tesho. Tesho is not going to be playing in US friendlies. Makes it sound like Tesho's basically in some sort of orientation or something

It's funny, JK said that Tesho would have had to file his one time switch to play for the U.S. in the friendlies.  Is that true?

That clip sounded pretty positive to me. I got the impression that Tesho won't be added to any further US camps, until he's decided to commit once-and-for-all. The fact that isn't a no-brainer, could be good news for us. Maybe, he realized that he would be low on the US depth chart.

I just read an article saying he needs the one time switch and they won't rush him on his decision.   Also read that JK is being honest with him at where he stands at his position.   Knowing what he knows now looks like Tesho decision may be harder than he thought it would be.  Maybe there is still hope for us.

Edited by JDub

So, is JK is lying (possible, but unlikely), or is he uninformed (even more unlikely)?

What is your source on that? Would be intersted to have a read.

My source is the link posted yesterday in this thread lol 

http://www.espnfc.com/team/united-states/660/blog/post/2254731/tesho-aklindele-gets-a-feel-for-life-with-jurgen-klinsmanns-us

The reason was never fully explained at the time, but FIFA still had to confirm that the Canadian-born, Colorado-raised Akindele -- who had become an American citizen only weeks earlier -- was eligible to play for Jurgen Klinsmann's team.

World soccer's governing body still hasn't made its final determination on his status, meaning Akindele can't play in the Yanks' upcoming friendlies against Chile and Panama. And anyway, Akindele isn't quite ready to rule out representing Canada instead of the stars and stripes.

Also this is a report from the one youth friendly he played in. As we've discussed before, playing a youth friendly doesn't result in a player having to file a one time switch. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20140726221309/http://www.sirc.ca/news_view.cfm?id=27645

Edited by king1010