Tesho Akindele

I won't even click the link.  I know radio shows, it'll be cookie cutter.  Let me guess, something along the lines of "Tesho has to make his own decision", "he has to do what Tesho feels is right for himself", "it's his decision in the end", "we'd be happy to have him in team USA, but he has to choose where his heart lies".

If it says anything other than what I guessed, I'll be surprised.  Tell me honestly if it does, and THEN I'll click the link and listen, otherwise, it's right out of the soccer media handbook.

Nailed it.

Haha well said madmonte. The only thing you were wrong about was the presumed plug for the USA (which Bunbury surprisingly never gave). Otherwise, spot on!

Of course he didn't give the plug for the USA.  You think Bunbury wants Akindele to choose the USA?  No chance.

• 1 month later...

Meh. Tesho isn't a superstar player while in the long term a bench player for us at best. We should worry more about Cavalini while hope younger Canadian strikers (Hamilton and Larin) live up to their potential.

Thats what i mean. Dumb decision on his part. Hed be a bench player for us. While with the US he wouldnt even be a call up when they have meaningful games.

Dear Tesho,

Tesho, tesho, tesho....ahhhh my son. Wise decisions go a long way, hopeful ones on the other hand end with the others who are now hopeless. Look at our legend Bunburys son who had a great end to his MLS season and great play off performances. He would be doing wonders with the Nation of his birthplace and follow in his father steps, however he is consistently overlooked and wasnt called to the same camp as yourself. Fortunately for you, you have initially made an unwise decision but still have the opportunity to change your allegiance. Let hope you make the right decision after this camp,and if not you will be forgotten by the ones who would pationately support you through and through and, be forgotten by the ones who you hoped for.

good luck,

JG

Edited by Jahinho Guerro

I kinda stopped caring already.  He can go hang with Bunbury.

I do find it funny how American players are desperate to play for USA when Klinsmann is just as eager to have a German come take their spot, or a fcking Icelander.

Edited by zeelaw

Whoa guys.  This guy isn't a traitor, he is an American.

If things don't work out the door is open on our end.  Not bothered by this, can't see him being a USMNT regular and if anything he'll be better for when he comes to us.

This.

Obviously feels equally American as he is Canadian. Also has made noises about Nigeria in the past too. He is hedging his bets and seeing how it plays out. I can see why that irks people but I can also see why he would want to do that with this kind of career being limited by time, being emotionally torn and being fed advice by lots of people around him,The U.S. set up is unequivably the best of the three, if he feels as strongly American as Canadian then why wouldn't he.

Doesn't look like he will be more than a fringe player for them, while he could be a key player for us, in that we have a right to be disappointed, he may look back and think that too if he does get cap tied. I'd expect there are plenty of people reassuring him he is more than good enough to be a US regular though. If he chooses that route I hope for his sake that turns out to be true. Still time for a change of heart and as mentioned if he ends up with us his experience will be good for him.

I don't really care about this guy, it would be a kick in the nuts to many of us if he turned in to a key player for the US, I don't think that will happen though! I'm excited about Hamilton and Larin and am really hope they will develop in to top pros and members of our MNT!

I'm with Keegan, this dude would have been a plus for us had he decided to rep the red but I don't fault him for being American. We've had our share of betrayals but I don't count this as one. That being said I don't agree with those saying he'd be a bench player for us. How many Canadians out scored Tesho playing top level footy in 2014?

I'm with Keegan, this dude would have been a plus for us had he decided to rep the red but I don't fault him for being American. We've had our share of betrayals but I don't count this as one. That being said I don't agree with those saying he'd be a bench player for us. How many Canadians out scored Tesho playing top level footy in 2014?

If Hamilton and Larin develop he'd be behind them. I'd put akindele behind Hume and Cavallani (if he shows this summer). Jackson at his best is also a better option. Hoilett if he shows as well. 

If Hamilton and Larin develop he'd be behind them. I'd put akindele behind Hume and Cavallani (if he shows this summer). Jackson at his best is also a better option. Hoilett if he shows as well.

Hamilton: not playing anywhere close to MLS. Larin: yet to play an MLS game. Hume: love him but out of contract and recently playing in a league much lower than MLS. Lucas: doesn't want to play for Canada. Jacko: barely playing in League One. Hoilett: doesn't want to play for Canada.

Tossaint: 0 goals in 13 games in Isreal. Dero: 1 goal in 19 games in MLS. Clarke: 8 goals in 26 games in 4th division Germany. Porter 3 goals in 32 for DC. Haber: 3 in 18 in League One. REB: 3 goals in 24 in 3rd division Germany. Fisk: 0 goals in 10 games in 3rd division Spain.

Tesho: MLS Rookie of the Year on the 6th best team in the league, played 26 games and scored 7 goals.

I'd be ecstatic if things didn't work out on the USMNT for Tesho and he jumped ship. Won't happen though.

Hamilton: not playing anywhere close to MLS. Larin: yet to play an MLS game. Hume: love him but out of contract and recently playing in a league much lower than MLS. Lucas: doesn't want to play for Canada. Jacko: barely playing in League One. Hoilett: doesn't want to play for Canada.

Tossaint: 0 goals in 13 games in Isreal. Dero: 1 goal in 19 games in MLS. Clarke: 8 goals in 26 games in 4th division Germany. Porter 3 goals in 32 for DC. Haber: 3 in 18 in League One. REB: 3 goals in 24 in 3rd division Germany. Fisk: 0 goals in 10 games in 3rd division Spain.

Tesho: MLS Rookie of the Year on the 6th best team in the league, played 26 games and scored 7 goals.

I'd be ecstatic if things didn't work out on the USMNT for Tesho and he jumped ship. Won't happen though.

I said IF larin and hamilton develop. Of course they arent playing anywhere near mls. Theyre still teenagers. Also i wouldnt close the book on hoilett and cavallini yet. One or both may show when the games count this summer.

Akindele didnt exactly tear up MLS last yr. your acting like he was a stud

Edited by king1010