Ranking Our Top 5 Prospects/Young Players

Bully

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

Are there any  prospects on the  Academy team prostars Fc ? Just wondering because they got killed in the CEE Cup in czech republic this weekend. 

I'm no expert on Ontario youth soccer, but I believe ProStars is a team that is heavily raided by TFC at the u10-u14 levels and American colleges at the u18 level. That basically means that the team is devoid of pro-level prospects in the 17-19 year old age range.

If there is anybody to keep an eye on it's Michael Said, a 15 year old striker who got game time in the u18 tournament and currently plays for the ProStars u20 team. Still, the fact that he hasn't moved to a higher level academy is concerning.

Tristan Jumeau and Burnley u18 plays in the Semis  in the CEE Cup around 5:00 am EST I believe

They have a live stream and pretty good.

yes he's a duel and has made no  decision on what country but he should be should be on the list. I have only seen that one game in the  tournament but he made an amazing pass for that one goal and played really well. He's number 7. 

Edited by SpecialK

1 hour ago, PopePouri said:

Liam Fraser should be in someone's list. 

I know he's decently important to TFCII but he has consistently disappointed me with the u20s. I don't watch enough TFCII to say anything but that he didn't stand out when I was watching tape on Hundal last year.

9 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

I know he's decently important to TFCII but he has consistently disappointed me with the u20s. I don't watch enough TFCII to say anything but that he didn't stand out when I was watching tape on Hundal last year.

IMO, he was our best player during U20 World Cup Qualifying. Calm on the ball, linked defensive to the midfield, good range of passing. 

2 hours ago, PopePouri said:

IMO, he was our best player during U20 World Cup Qualifying. Calm on the ball, linked defensive to the midfield, good range of passing. 

I would second this. To me, he was the only talent that looked composed playing against CONCACAF competition at that age range.

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

I dont think our top prospects have changed much in the past year and a half, but they have gone from prospects to almost sure things.

1) Davies

2) David

3) Tabla

4) Millar

And then the group of top prospects would include Busti, Colyn, Kinumbe, Legeault, Okello, Bair

Mathieu Choinière would be in the top 10 for sure.

25 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

I dont think our top prospects have changed much in the past year and a half, but they have gone from prospects to almost sure things.

1) Davies

2) David

3) Tabla

4) Millar

And then the group of top prospects would include Busti, Colyn, Kinumbe, Legeault, Okello, Bair

I'd have to add Michael Baldisimo to that list. His confidence bossing the midfield is well beyond his age.

3 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

1) Davies

2) David

3) Tabla

4) Millar

The rest is literally a toss up....

9 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

1) Davies

2) David

3) Tabla

4) Millar

How about some predictions?? How long until a CPL guy is in the top 5??  I'd love to see one of these kids catch fire the first year.  Zajac or Verhoeven etc, really put the league on the map.  

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

How about some predictions?? How long until a CPL guy is in the top 5??  I'd love to see one of these kids catch fire the first year.  Zajac or Verhoeven etc, really put the league on the map.  

That would be awesome. A big transfer fee for a young CPL player to a good team/league would be great for the league!

2 hours ago, masster said:

Pretty soon Davies and David have to come off these lists. When you start featuring regularly in top European leagues, I don't think you can be considered a prospect anymore. 

I thought the same but it’s a prospect/young players list - so until they’re no longer “young” they belong. 

Interesting and encouraging to see many of these young guys taking the next step in the evolution of their footballing careers recently.  In fact, in the month of January alone we've seen Davies debut with Bayern, David join a new side, Millar join SPL, Tabla join Abacete, and Legeault join the Impact. These are all steps in the right direction. Even a guy like Cornelius joining the Caps is a step up, though maybe he does not qualify as a prospect anymore. Same with MAK at LA.

Edited by The Beaver