Ranking Our Top 5 Prospects/Young Players

Bully

I am curious to see what some of the more seasoned V's think and with not much going on in CanMNT land why the hell not..

Let's also consider Fraser Aird as a Canuck for this thread b/c I believe he will play for us. 

Here's my guess:

1) Petrasso
2) Piette
3) Aird
4) Henry

5) Hamilton

Honourable Mention: Aleman, Boakai, Larin, Clarke

Edited by pbullen

What's the cut off?  I see you have Cavallini who is a 92 but if that's the case then you need to include Teibert and Osorio too

I'll say it should be 93 as a cut off because that's the next U23 cut off and I'm going off potential

1) Boakai

2) Piette

3) Larin

4) Henry

5) Petrasso

I agree with essentially everyone on these lists ... perhaps slightly different ordering.  Was a little surprised to see Fisk up so high, I guess.  What about Carducci!?  It would seem like he should be in the top 10 somewhere.

It takes madmonte to beat me to mentioning Huitema. I'd also have Aleman on the list. They are all too young to sort out who will make the next step up but it is looking better with each passing year. 3 MLS and several NASL academies make a world of difference.

Carducci too small?? WTF? At 17 he is 6'1" and 185 pounds. Good height & weight for a keeper. Maybe he just looks that way on TV  :)

Edited by tmcmurph

Yea he doesn't look like Ousted for instance (6'4" & 195) but the Caps site have him listed at 6'1" and 185. Same as Wikipedia (for what it's worth). The CSA U17 page lists him as 185 cm (6.06955 feet). Maybe they include the hair? That could add 2 inches and as long as it can stop a soccer ball that's fine by me  :)

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/sites/vancouver/files/imagecache/620x350/image_nodes/2014/05/Residency05-17.jpg

That photo shows him with the other residency players. Taller than most. Now you guys have got me curious and I'm looking for a pre-game photo from TFC.

Edited by tmcmurph

Carducci is about my height. He's 5'11". He is, however, a brilliant keeper. I wouldn't compare him to Roberts or anyone else outside Vancouver I haven't seen the other guys play very much. (That's my problem with a list like this in general, really. Most of us, even those who really get obsessive and do the research, don't know much about any of these kids, or see them play besides the merest handful of international and youth international games a year.)

Not true about the USL loanees at least, all the games are available on YouTube. I haven't watched the Wilmington games religiously, but enough to get a feel for the TFC players down there. Aparicio has been generally anonymous but Roberts and Hamilton quite impressive. Charleston doesn't have any young loanees with Farmer recalled so it's harder to say about the Vancouver players.

I think Larin is a can't miss solid pro.

Petrasso and Boakai should get there if they work hard and have good attitudes.

Wow, 3 attacking players, is this Canada?

I've got those three in my top 5 as well (Petrasso #1) and throw in Henry and either Piette or Aird to round it out.

1) Henry must be closing in on 100 professional games for TFC in all competitions. By seasons end he should be at least in the 90's. For Canada, to have a 20 year old with that much experience is phenomenal. He already has 11 caps for the NT as well, so for me he is pretty much a lock at the top of my list. Clearly the most proven of our prospects.

2) Petrasso - two years younger than Henry and already has amassed over 20 appearances in England's 3rd tier. It's hard not to be excited about that, especially considering he's a attack-minded winger. If QPR loan him out to a Championship club next season, and he has an impact, he might jump to number 1. 

3) I'm pretty excited about Piette considering he made his debut in the 2.Bundesliga this year. Almost in "double-digit caps" territory for Canada too. We already seem to have a plethora of central midfielders so that negates my excitement to an extent. Nonetheless, I think he's important moving forward and hope he gets playing time wherever he ends up next season.

4) Tough to come up with a number 4. It should be Aleman but he has stalled with Valladolid B. So for that reason i'm going with Boakai. First of all, anyone who's watched this kid can see his supreme skill on the ball, but secondly he is only 17 and already seems to be a standout with FCE. It is still really early but we don't have many players of this mold so I hope he blossoms. 

5) Don't really have a number 5. Haven't seen enough of Hamilton, Larin, Stanese, Bustos or Forese to form an opinion. Alderson is good but I am not "excited" about him. I use to be excited about Fisk but i'm not convinced he will even have a pro career the way things are going. He went out to Spain for a trial no? What is he doing at the moment?

*Note: Until Arid commits to us, I cannot put him on such a list. If he was cap-tied though he would probably be my number 2 behind Henry. 

Edit: Forgot about Clarke! He is my number 5. Actually i'd put him at number 4 and slot Boakai down. I really liked him at the youth level games I watched (U-20?) and you can't ignore his strike rate with Augsburg reserves (1 per 3 games or something?).

Edited by Obinna

I will go with the prospects, players older than 20 are young players IMO.

1. Petrasso: 19 years old, played in English League One and he impressed. Got some minutes with QPR at Championship

I don't if he will get the chance to play with QPR in the Premier next season. If he's not in their plans, a loan in Championship would be nice.

2. Aird: 19 years old, played 27 games (1990 minutes) in Scottish League One and scored 5 goals. He should continue his form in the Scottish Championship next season.

3. Boakai: 17 years old, 10 games played (502 minutes) in NASL and the Canadian Championship combinend. Scored a goal in the Canadian Championship and had 3 assists in the Canadian Championship. I'd like to see him play in MLS next year if possible and if he does well, go to Europe afer.

4. Quillan Robert: 19 years old, more than 600 minutes played and doing well in USL Pro.

5. Jordan Hamilton: 18 years old and scored 2 goals in 4 games (147 minutes) in USL Pro.

Honorable mention: Piette, he must find a club next season and get some minutes in Bundesliga 2; Buston, he impressed me at the U17 WC, loan him at Charleston, Adekugbe, what happened to him? I hoped he could get some minutes with the first team this year.

Also, I believe Aleman won't be a pro, unless he return maybe in MLS or NASL. He has 20 years old and got a few minutes with Valladolid B. He has a lot of talent but lacks football IQ.

I would wait until Aird and Petrasso are playing at a better level before declaring them to be too good.

As some who attended about 10 league one matches last year, I don't think it is that low of a standard as most people think. I'd say it compares pretty well with the MLS.

Scotland third tier is something a agree with you about.