Jérémy Gagnon-Laparé

Name: Jérémy Gagnon-Laparé (CAN) Height: 180 cm Birthdate: 1995-03-09 Birthplace:

Sherbrooke, QC, CAN

Already been to two senior camps for the national team, he has not singed a senior contract with the Impact but made an appearance in the ACC against FC Edmonton tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

I do wonder when the Impact will sign him to an MLS contract. I'm having either at the end of the PDL season or if Bernier/Bernadello/Mallace gets suspended/injured. Heck, Bernardello's contract ends in June. Although you have to wonder if he'll get his shot at LB, a position where the Impact has been weak this year whether it was Brovsky, Pierce or Tissot. 

Made his international debut this weekend with games against Moldova (D) and Bulgaria (D).

Did the Mauritania games vanish in our memories?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Here's a good article on Gagnon-Lapare

“There are two kinds of speed: physical speed and tactical speed. Jeremy is tactically quick. He executes quickly,” Floro told Sportsnet. “In the field the most important question is the tactical mentality. I realized then he was a very good player.”

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/mls-montreal-impact-jeremy-gagnon-lapare-major-league-soccer-canada-benito-floro/

• 1 month later...

I hope not. Look at the size of the team. He'd get lost like Stillo did at Parma.

That's a loser mentality.  This kid is one of our brighter prospects we should be pushing our top players to the top.. it gives us potential to reach the next level and opens up another home grown spot on the Impact.. win-win.

It's a golden opportunity on a Serie A club and he has the club owner as his backer.  Go on JGL!

Of course this probably won't pan out but either way, good to have his name out there.

That's a loser mentality.  This kid is one of our brighter prospects we should be pushing our top players to the top.. it gives us potential to reach the next level and opens up another home grown spot on the Impact.. win-win.

It's a golden opportunity on a Serie A club and he has the club owner as his backer.  Go on JGL!

Of course this probably won't pan out but either way, good to have his name out there.

Bolgona is in Serie B right now.

Better odds of him getting playing time then

Not really. The team is still huge and they have a ton of players out on loan. Not a fan of young players going to Italy unless they are going to the bigger teams. So many midtable clubs in Italy have an obscene amount of players on loan. These Italian clubs need to be on those packrat shows.

Not really. The team is still huge and they have a ton of players out on loan. Not a fan of young players going to Italy unless they are going to the bigger teams. So many midtable clubs in Italy have an obscene amount of players on loan. These Italian clubs need to be on those packrat shows.

Yes the odds of him playing in Serie B would be higher than him getting playing time in Serie A

I would hope that given Joey's position, JGL would only be loaned if there was an understanding that (at least) it would be overall beneficial for him. 

JGL languishing behind a dozen others does nothing for the Impact.

Best case scenario, he goes, succeeds and plays real minutes.

worst case, he gives his best, does not impress, and comes back here ASAP.

I don't see there being *too* much space in between.

Edited by fuzzx

One question I have is whether serie b is much of an upgrade from mls. I would have thought it's a similar level which means he would have a good shot at playing.

Difficult to tell. I'd say the quality at Bologna right now is better than the quality at MTL right now though.