Kianz Froese

3 hours ago, Symp_Res said:

Right now, Froese is listed in the first team 23 in the 1. Bundesliga club, and ended last season in the 1st club in the 2. liga.

I'm not finding a lot of info on Fortuna, let alone Kianz. Any info or links to what's happening with him?

I don't know what your point is. Yes he's on a contract, but he's a long way from playing for them as he missed the entire preseason and my guess is he's still injured cause he hasn't even played for their second team (which has played two games already). 

On 8/5/2018 at 12:47 AM, shamrock said:

I don't know what your point is. Yes he's on a contract, but he's a long way from playing for them as he missed the entire preseason and my guess is he's still injured cause he hasn't even played for their second team (which has played two games already). 

And I get that. I am just asking if you know where I can find information on how Froese is doing. I have searched, and I laid out the information that I have found.  I haven't found any information on his injury, or how he is progressing.

I follow the Bundesliga and want to see how Canadians are doing in the league. Fortuna isn't exactly a sexy club. Their official website is in German and Japanese...neither of which I can understand, and any translation into English has no news on current injuries.

So my question is: "Do you know of any links or websites that I can follow to keep track of how he is doing or progressing?" because I am having trouble figuring out where to get his information.

• 2 months later...

Love it. Hope Kianz continues to grow. He showed potential at the caps. I know there were some concerns with his pace but I didn't think he was either quick or overly slow.  Funny I hoped both he and Bustos were going to be starters for the Caps. Credit to him for living the dream in Germany. 

He's had an injury and is coming back from it. Unfortunately the level he's playing is too low, and I wonder if he'll ever get a shot in the Bundesliga, especially with the first team in serious problems. Trainers tend to play experienced players over talents in these situations. In other words I hope he'll get a nice D3 loan come January. 

Maybe my expectations were too high, but I honestly expected him to have made at least 1 first team appearance by now. He came into the second team and scored buckets of goals, but now it seems like a big deal when he gets one. I am disappointed but I hope he keeps going. Perhaps if they go down he'll get his shot with the first team then...

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Maybe my expectations were too high, but I honestly expected him to have made at least 1 first team appearance by now. He came into the second team and scored buckets of goals, but now it seems like a big deal when he gets one. I am disappointed but I hope he keeps going. Perhaps if they go down he'll get his shot with the first team then...

Kianz has had a number of injuries that unfortunately set him back a bit. Hopefully he can put that behind him now. I am still optimistic that he can take his game up several notches.

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

Kianz has had a number of injuries that unfortunately set him back a bit. Hopefully he can put that behind him now. I am still optimistic that he can take his game up several notches.

I agree it's just that he's missed the entire pre-season because of his injury. That's the time for a young kid with ambitions to make a case for himself. That's just a bit bad luck and I'm sure he can grow into a solid D2 player in Germany maybe even D1 but it doesn't like he has a big chance right now considering Fortuna need every single point. They'll probably be looking for reinforcements for Januari. Players with B1 experienced who are benched at the big clubs. If he get's an opportunity I think he should switch pathways. No doubt he can still get there. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I think it's time to move on from Dusseldorf. Disappointing he never featured for the first team despite signing a first team contract. Had a blistering start with the second team, but then faded out. However, the body of his work with them should be enough for him to earn a contract with a B3 team, I would think. Sort of like how Elva signed for Wurzburger Kickers off the back of his Stuttgart 2 play.

As an aside, Elva is a guy who may be considered a snub for the 40-man roster. He had 4 goals in 17 games in B3 and his team finished in 5th in the B3 table. He's 23 years old, just like Froese. That sort of season, at that age, would have put him firmly in contention for the final 23 a few cycles ago. Now he doesn't even make the 40-man roster. Great stuff for Canada, but must be disappointing for him personally. I don't think he's that far away from the national team though. If he can improve upon last season, it may be enough to earn him a friendly call up next year (I don't think LON will allow for much experimentation to be honest).

Unlike Welshman, I would be disappointed to lose him to a Caribbean nation (I am actually happy for Welshman). I think Elva will eventually claw his way up the ladder.

Edited by Obinna

7 hours ago, Obinna said:

I think it's time to move on from Dusseldorf. Disappointing he never featured for the first team despite signing a first team contract. Had a blistering start with the second team, but then faded out. However, the body of his work with them should be enough for him to earn a contract with a B3 team, I would think. Sort of like how Elva signed for Wurzburger Kickers off the back of his Stuttgart 2 play.

Yeah he got injured shortly after signing that first team contract. And then they promoted as well which didn't help him. 

He shouldn't go to CANPL right now, 3rd Bundesliga should very well be possible (and pays a lot more). 

7 hours ago, Obinna said:

As an aside, Elva is a guy who may be considered a snub for the 40-man roster. He had 4 goals in 17 games in B3 and his team finished in 5th in the B3 table. He's 23 years old, just like Froese. That sort of season, at that age, would have put him firmly in contention for the final 23 a few cycles ago. Now he doesn't even make the 40-man roster. Great stuff for Canada, but must be disappointing for him personally. I don't think he's that far away from the national team though. If he can improve upon last season, it may be enough to earn him a friendly call up next year (I don't think LON will allow for much experimentation to be honest).

Yes he would have been an automatic selection just a few years ago. He had a rough start at Würzburg, but seems to have played himself into the line-up. I think if we wait too long, he'll pursue other options, the fact that he's an overseas Pro alone would warrant him an automatic selection for St. Lucia every time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...