Kianz Froese

39 minutes ago, BCM1555362349 said:

BCM is announcing that were he called up for Gold Cup, he would have turned down mnt to focus on his other career and kids summer holidays.

-BCM

Was asking my dad to sign up to the CPL site. At 71 his response, dead pan serious was "I don't know that I can really play that much now."

14 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

However if he were to make the first team and play in the 2.bundesliga he would then become an automatic call up for us.

Exactly. It's amazing what the optics of a guys club situation does to his status. Now, i'm not sure if Froese jumps right into the Dusseldorf starting XI, but the guy is closer to a role on the CMNT than some would think.

32 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

However if he were to make the first team and play in the 2.bundesliga he would then become an automatic call up for us.

Pretty much, assuming he plays regularly of course. If Froese plays in the Regionalliga he's behind a lot of players in an advanced midfield or winger role; off the top of my head Arfield, Hoilett, Johnson, Osorio, Ricketts, Akindele and Aird. If he were to play regularly in the 2. Liga, well that's a higher level than most of these players are at right now.

50 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Pretty much, assuming he plays regularly of course. If Froese plays in the Regionalliga he's behind a lot of players in an advanced midfield or winger role; off the top of my head Arfield, Hoilett, Johnson, Osorio, Ricketts, Akindele and Aird. If he were to play regularly in the 2. Liga, well that's a higher level than most of these players are at right now.

Mid-tier 2. Bundesliga isn't much different from MLS, the key is playing regularly.

3 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

Mid-tier 2. Bundesliga isn't much different from MLS, the key is playing regularly.

I don't know about the 2nd Bundesliga, but I have my doubts. I was watching a promotion match last weekend from Spain´s 2nd, which I consider to be comparable to B2, Getafe-Tenerife, and the play was light years ahead of MLS, the speed, technique, defensive pressure, overall intensity. Ok, it was a promotion playoff, but it was a far higher level than MLS, which is mostly like watching a hand glider makes its way off a cliff.

I see we've entered the "this league is better than that league" phase of this thread. we're nothing if not consistent. This should carry us for the next 2 pages or so until we somehow get into an argument about Floro's tactics for a page or so, then somehow land in a place where we talk about a player who turned us down which will evolve into a conversation about a current player who might or might not turn us down and why they are a terrible canadian or why some people empathize. From there it'll somehow become about if we think he'll play for his home team in the CPL, and then presto, hopefully the bundesliga season will be back under way and we'll here some sort of little snippet of actual news about him until the cycle repeats itself all over again.

So where were we again? Oh right. THAT LEAGUE IS BETTER THAN THIS LEAGUE!!!! ARGH!!!!!

Unfortunate, but understandable. He should seize the chance when it presents itself. I think he has a reasonable chance of succeeding, considering his form at the end of last season and the fact that the first team has had an eye on him since that time. 

Edited by shamrock

1 hour ago, Yoginess said:

Can you imagine this thread if he wasn't captied and was heavily linked with another country?

Wait, he never actually filed the one time switch and is still eligible for Cuba!?!! Cap him now!

13 hours ago, Obinna said:

I think this was a very good decision. Much more important to establish himself in the 1st team at Dusseldorf after the season he just had with the reserves. You must strike while the iron is hot. Good luck Kianz!

Hard to disagree.  I look at it as a different sort of investment in developing player quality than formal international experience.  Each has its place of course.  The GC isn't the right place for Froese right now.  

10 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I don't know about the 2nd Bundesliga, but I have my doubts. I was watching a promotion match last weekend from Spain´s 2nd, which I consider to be comparable to B2, Getafe-Tenerife, and the play was light years ahead of MLS, the speed, technique, defensive pressure, overall intensity. Ok, it was a promotion playoff, but it was a far higher level than MLS, which is mostly like watching a hand glider makes its way off a cliff.

The second division in Spain is slightly better than the 2. Bundesliga, and there is a huge difference between a team getting promoted and a mid-tier side in said leagues. Look at the 2. Bundesliga players that have come to MLS, most end up being low-end role players (Fafa Picault) or straight up busts (Adam Nemec, Florian Lechner).

I can pretty confidently say teams like Chicago, Toronto and Kansas City would be promotion candidates in the 2. Bundesliga.  

6 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

The second division in Spain is slightly better than the 2. Bundesliga, and there is a huge difference between a team getting promoted and a mid-tier side in said leagues. Look at the 2. Bundesliga players that have come to MLS, most end up being low-end role players (Fafa Picault) or straight up busts (Adam Nemec, Florian Lechner).

I can pretty confidently say teams like Chicago, Toronto and Kansas City would be promotion candidates in the 2. Bundesliga.  

Thanks, was not really sure. I just think that B1 is a top league, and B2 has only 18 teams, so that is a good selection from the start. Less teams, more competitive, less weak sides, and less of this "hey let's play a thousand games a year" business.

You have less scrub teams than in Spain, with 22, or England, with 24, ridiculous number to have in a  soccer division, money and gates over quality. You have 25% of the Championship that would be B3 if in a German system.

5 hours ago, Big_M said:

Picault was a backup in b2. This year is a starter in mls and has four goals as a winger. Unfortunately mls is overrated outside of the top 5 players of a roster. Just watching b2, segunda, championship games it is clear that the quality is much higher

What I always see is the intensity of play. MLS they are coasting, there is very little of the kind of play where every ball is disputed and the defense is on top, and you have to have really sharp passing to get past midfield. The whole damn game. Rarely you feel out of breath just watching, which I think does happen in 2nd tier England, Germany, Spain, apart from what I feel about which is better, they all have that: all out intensity. I am not saying there are not boring matches in 2nd tier Spain, of course there are, but play is more technical, and every game situation is actually a more significant challenge. It's a firefight. 

You feel like MLS players actually work less in a game (all this about it being physical is not true, IMO that is only said for those older finesse stars from Europe who might underestimate the physicality). Being back and watching more MLS this year, apart from always watching Spanish 2nd tier, I'll agree that you do have plenty of MLS players who could handle it, salaries for some are way higher here, there is talent. But I think MLS has to demand more, and play more do or die, and forget this bull about schedules being hard (they are not, with exceptions like TFC these weeks), or travel. 

9 hours ago, shamrock said:

Don't know about Spanish D2, but Germany's D2 routinely buys Eredivisie-players, iow they pay more. That leads me to conclude Germany's D2 is equal or better than Eredivisie, maybe without the traditional top3. 

Not sure where that impression comes from.  Looking at Eredivisie transfers for 2016, almost an equal number went to the Premier League and Bundesliga as they went B2.  Is the Premier League and the Bundesliga then similar to B2?  No.  Top players in the Eredivisie transfer to the top leagues. Your middle of the road players by and large end up in the Championship where there is more money than in the Eredivisie.  You are also starting to see some of those middle-of-the-road players, like Kappelhof, Goossens, de Leeuw, and Hoesen coming to the MLS.  Kappelhof and de Leeuw could definitely be in a Championship side or competing for a spot in a lower half PL squad.  Peripheral players or those on weaker teams tend to transfer to B2 or 3. Liga and similar leagues, and a lot of those are on free transfers.  

The truth is that Eredivisie is a feeder league for richer leagues.