Kianz Froese

35 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Has he gotten any minutes since signing the first team contract? 

he's only played in their second team which plays in the fourth level of German football he has had 19 appearances  2 goals and 3 assists this season according to transfermarkt.

He's someone who interested me as a Caps fan. as ive chatted at length with him a few times. 

Good footballer but he left to escape the never ending contract options, and very low pay for younger players in the MLS he makes almost double what he did with the caps currently. 

Nice enough guy, but he's a interesting character, he told me he doesn't watch any soccer outside of his own games(which id imagine he'd be required to analyze with coaching staff) nor follow it. cant imagine that lending itself well to the increasing competitiveness of the game. 

On 4/8/2018 at 2:26 AM, fulham11 said:

Nice enough guy, but he's a interesting character, he told me he doesn't watch any soccer outside of his own games(which id imagine he'd be required to analyze with coaching staff) nor follow it. cant imagine that lending itself well to the increasing competitiveness of the game. 

I really don't think not watching other games is a big deal. I know plenty of people who watch La Liga and Premier League that are totally clueless in regards to tactics and movement

On 08/04/2018 at 12:26 AM, fulham11 said:

He's someone who interested me as a Caps fan. as ive chatted at length with him a few times. 

Good footballer but he left to escape the never ending contract options, and very low pay for younger players in the MLS he makes almost double what he did with the caps currently. 

From his IG it seems he really likes photography and traveling around Europe, mostly Holland. Sometimes you get the occasional "working hard in training" post, but compared to other players he seems a lot less obsessed with soccer, at least based on instagram.

1 hour ago, deschamp86 said:

I really don't think not watching other games is a big deal. I know plenty of people who watch La Liga and Premier League that are totally clueless in regards to tactics and movement

Being a top professional will require you to watch a lot of soccer video. Enjoying watching professional soccer may contribute to this requirement. But really, being a top top player like Christiano Ronaldo, he seems like a robot and might not do anything except practice soccer, watch soccer video (not for fun), eat chicken and raw veggies and work out his thighs while looking in the mirror.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

From his IG it seems he really likes photography and traveling around Europe, mostly Holland. Sometimes you get the occasional "working hard in training" post, but compared to other players he seems a lot less obsessed with soccer, at least based on instagram.

Reminds me of Issey, who was apparently an artist as well as a footballer.  I think he enjoyed football well enough but his main reason for playing professionally was to go interesting places and see the world.

1 hour ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Reminds me of Issey, who was apparently an artist as well as a footballer.  I think he enjoyed football well enough but his main reason for playing professionally was to go interesting places and see the world.

I know at one point he was going to a lot of Barca games I believe. So he certainly does enjoy watching other games.

From what I gather is in the pros, you have a ton of downtime which explains for him being so deeply involved in art, and really at the level he has achieved in soccer, pretty good but far from the top, I can't blame the guy for using it to see the world and experience other cultures. It seems like his family is pretty well traveled

Yes, when someone possesses the motivation required to train their body every day, practice their skill-set every day, learn tactics, mental preparation, visualization and sports science, and eats a strict dietary regiment to maintain their body in peak performance... I somehow find it really weird when that person feels like they've got better things to do with their time than sit on their ass in front of a screen. It's shocking really. I can't explain it.

Assou-Ekotto apparently doesn’t particularly like football and only plays it because he is good and gives him a lot of money. Certainly hasn’t hampered his career. Also I think Bobby Zamora never was a big fan and even stated that many professionals are the same, but don’t quote me on that

So long as he is dedicated to himself he will have a good career

15 minutes ago, Brethers8 said:

Assou-Ekotto apparently doesn’t particularly like football and only plays it because he is good and gives him a lot of money. Certainly hasn’t hampered his career. Also I think Bobby Zamora never was a big fan and even stated that many professionals are the same, but don’t quote me on that

Looked it up and found this article. Has a bunch more like that as well

https://www.joe.ie/sport/feature-7-famous-footballers-who-had-no-passion-for-the-game-517441

11 minutes ago, yothat said:

Rajan Rondo in the nba says he never watchs basketball outside of whens he is playing. non interested. He won a championship at the highest level. 

Maybe a bad example.  Won that title with Garnett, Pierce, and Allen keeping him in line.  From the moment he left Boston he has underachieved and been labelled a troublemaker.  I don't think Froese has any character concerns.

On April 11, 2018 at 3:28 PM, Brethers8 said:

As a Spurs fan, I was always conflicted about Assou-Ekotto.  On the one hand, he was a good player for us and I appreciated his honesty.  On the other hand, I was bitter about the fact that he was the recipient of world class footy talent while I, a lover of the beautiful game, was pretty shit.  It just seemed cosmically unfair on some petty level.

On lunes, 9 de abril de 2018 at 3:36 PM, Shortdutchcanuck said:

That is true, he has this artistic vein, but I spoke to him once about this, the only time I met him. It did not seem at all a major priority. He is 95% in football, the rest is just part of the way he prepares himself personally. I think his brother is the same, they are totally dedicated pros and are very into the game.

I would imagine that Issey will show the same dedication and seriousness for anything he does after football, he is a high achiever from what I could sense.

BTW, Issey was released a couple of months ago, but has a new suitor in Malaysia it seems:

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/asian-football/842321/former-terengganu-forward-issey-nakajima-drops-hint-joining-pahang/

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

I have always felt that one's interest in watching sports or being a fan is inversely proportional to how good one is at that sport. I only have one friend who was ever a professional athlete (hockey player), and he is way less of a fan of the NHL than many of my friends who never even played hockey. 

I don't think we need to worry about Kianz.

14 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That is true, he has this artistic vein, but I spoke to him once about this, the only time I met him. It did not seem at all a major priority. He is 95% in football, the rest is just part of the way he prepares himself personally. I think his brother is the same, they are totally dedicated pros and are very into the game.

I would imagine that Issey will show the same dedication and seriousness for anything he does after football, he is a high achiever from what I could sense.

BTW, Issey was released a couple of months ago, but has a new suitor in Malaysia it seems:

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/asian-football/842321/former-terengganu-forward-issey-nakajima-drops-hint-joining-pahang/

Was wondering about Issey. Think he would be a great fit for CPL and could explore his other passions, maybe in Halifax...

Just now, HfxCeltic said:

Was wondering about Issey. Think he would be a great fit for CPL and could explore his other passions, maybe in Halifax...

I know it is OT, but I think his goal is to get the most of his football career, making a good income, as long as he can. Then I'd imagine he'd settle where the family is, near Barcelona, and if he could play 3-4th tier here for a modest income and pleasure, in his late 30s, he would.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Namaste said:

Just noticed that Fortuna Dusseldorf was promoted to the Bundesliga first division. Is he close to making the first team?

No he's not. I you read 2 pages you'd learn he was injured in preseason (the worse time to get injured) and did not go with them on training camp. 

On 8/1/2018 at 11:22 PM, shamrock said:

No he's not. I you read 2 pages you'd learn he was injured in preseason (the worse time to get injured) and did not go with them on training camp. 

Right now, Froese is listed in the first team 23 in the 1. Bundesliga club, and ended last season in the 1st club in the 2. liga.

I'm not finding a lot of info on Fortuna, let alone Kianz. Any info or links to what's happening with him?