Marco Bustos

I was hoping he would move to Chile top flight to be honest.  Each Chilean club is limited to 4 foreign players so with his Chilean citizenship he would be valued.. he was linked to Universidad de Chile which would have been amazing.  Still, Mexican 2nd division is nice.. he should be able to get minutes at a higher level, which obviously is priority #1 considering he's been toiling in USL for years now.  The Mexican 2nd division isn't a bad level at all, a lot of our CONCACAF rivals have players who play there.

• 1 month later...

That goal sealed 1st in the group, ahead of Liga MX side Necaxa and near the top of the table for the round of 16 seeding. They currently sit 2nd on the Round of 16 table with 9 points and the last games tonight. Only 2 teams are able to match them on points with wins tonight, Tapachula and UNAM.

Edit: After the results last night, Zacatepec ended up 3rd in seeding, therefore they will play Pachuca next week at home

Edited by Oranje

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
19 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

His transfr market says that he left OKC for an unknown club in December. image.png.4f812546f41d91284a9db1963bdc52fb.png

Additionally he tweeted about going back to work a few days ago and the location was North Dakota.

Might it be reasonable to think that he's back in Manitoba with Valour?

Or that he spends the off season with his family in Winnipeg and is driving back to OKC through North Dakota.

24 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

His transfr market says that he left OKC for an unknown club in December. image.png.4f812546f41d91284a9db1963bdc52fb.png

Additionally he tweeted about going back to work a few days ago and the location was North Dakota.

Using my Crocodile Dundee skills I am going to say he is driving South. Sun is to his left (East) and it is rising since it is 8:51 am in the morning. So going back to OKC based on my science.

47 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

He's at OKC. transfermarkt isn't perfect.

It’s a shame really - he would be an amazing signing for Winnipeg and his family would be able to watch him in a beautiful stadium with his former coach.  I get that he’s just recently moved to OKC so maybe he wants to give it a year at least before moving on. For his career though CPL would just be a great move - a good season would almost certainly see him get a call to a Canada friendly (if we have any that is).  In OKC or Sacramento I can’t see guys like Bustos and Aleman being called even if they have Bekker like years. 

4 hours ago, Keegan said:

It’s a shame really - he would be an amazing signing for Winnipeg and his family would be able to watch him in a beautiful stadium with his former coach.  I get that he’s just recently moved to OKC so maybe he wants to give it a year at least before moving on. For his career though CPL would just be a great move - a good season would almost certainly see him get a call to a Canada friendly (if we have any that is).  In OKC or Sacramento I can’t see guys like Bustos and Aleman being called even if they have Bekker like years. 

Well he signed late in the year for OKC, maybe he was already committed to this year with them.  Long term i sure hope he comes to the Valour, it would be a real feel good story.  As for guys getting calls out of CPL or USL...they better be young up and comers.  Calling guys who are on the wrong side of 25 (Bekker) and still at USL level is probably not a good idea.  Unless they are at the "need" positions (RB/CB), or a keeper.  Hopefully all 3 of those guys can have Bekker like years, and light a fire under the current CMNT fringe guys.  

7 hours ago, Keegan said:

Maybe these guys would rather play for the same money in a warmer climate , who knows and if that’s a reason would not blame them .

10 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Well he signed late in the year for OKC, maybe he was already committed to this year with them.  Long term i sure hope he comes to the Valour, it would be a real feel good story.  As for guys getting calls out of CPL or USL...they better be young up and comers.  Calling guys who are on the wrong side of 25 (Bekker) and still at USL level is probably not a good idea.  Unless they are at the "need" positions (RB/CB), or a keeper.  Hopefully all 3 of those guys can have Bekker like years, and light a fire under the current CMNT fringe guys.  

I would hope he's moving up, not sideways.  USL/CPL doesn't matter, I'd just like to see him getting to a bigger league.

2 hours ago, shamrock said:

Yeah 'cause let's be honest, he hasn't shown anything yet that would get him into the MNT fold. Not even on the USL-level. 

I still maintain that he was very good against Scotland in late 2016. Over two years ago now, but at least it is something to cling on to. That said, he really needs to have a strong year in the USL Championship if he wants the opportunity to earn any 2019 caps. With the attacking talent we now have, it would be very difficult though.

Edited by Obinna

7 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I still maintain that he was very good against Scotland in late 2016. Over two years ago now, but at least it is something to cling on to. That said, he really needs to have a strong year in the USL Championship if he wants the opportunity to earn any 2019 caps. With the attacking talent we now have, it would be very difficult though.

Eddy Sidra was good in one match too.