Toronto FC vs Vancouver Whitecaps FC - May 7th 4:30PM PT - 7:30PM ET

Rosters have been released and it looks like the Whitecaps have released a Canadian heavy reserve roster. Many of the Whitecaps first team players such as Morales, Miller, Reo-C, Demerit, O'Brien, Harvey, and Ousted aren't on the line up. Hopefully this means a couple starts for young Marco Carducci. I'm concerned for our back line if Bradley and Defoe are put in the lineup.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry http://www.canadasoccer.com/clubs-s15266

7 M Sebastian FERNANDEZ
11 F Darren MATTOCKS
15 M Matias LABA
16 D Johnny LEVERON
19 F Erik HURTADO
22 D Christian DEAN
23 F Kekuta MANNEH
24 D Carlyle MITCHELL
28 M Gershon KOFFIE
29 M Nicolas MEZQUIDA
30 F Jordan HAYNES
31 M Russel TEIBERT
32 M Marco BUSTOS
33 D Steven BEITASHOUR
36 M Bryce ALDERSON
37 M Mitch PIRAUX
38 M Kianz FROESE
41 D Jackson FARMER
44 GK Marco CARDUCCI
70 GK Paolo TORNAGHI

I made a rough 4-4-2 on the Southsiders board. Looks really thin for the Whitecaps.

------------- Carducci ----------------------

--- Beita ---- Leveron ---- Mitchell ---- Dean ---

---Tiebert ---- Laba ----- Koffie ----Fernandez--

---------- Mattocks ------ Manneh -----------

Subs: Tornagi, Farmer, Alderson, Bustos, Mezquida, Piraux, Hurtado

Adekugbe was scheduled to start if not for the injury. Carducci will play. Alderson will certainly see his first competitive action with the first team. Expect bustos and Froese to see some minutes as well.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this. I love to see the young kids get a chance, but i would have liked it to be a bit more selective, sprinkling them into an experienced lineup, not just throwing them into the deep end like this.

Every single year the whitecaps have said how important it is to win this trophy and competition, and then they release a lineup like this? Unless there has been some change in philosophy, it doesn't make sense.

Adekugbe was scheduled to start if not for the injury. Carducci will play. Alderson will certainly see his first competitive action with the first team. Expect bustos and Froese to see some minutes as well.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this. I love to see the young kids get a chance, but i would have liked it to be a bit more selective, sprinkling them into an experienced lineup, not just throwing them into the deep end like this.

Every single year the whitecaps have said how important it is to win this trophy and competition, and then they release a lineup like this? Unless there has been some change in philosophy, it doesn't make sense.

Saving the best for the biggest moment.

(I'm inclined to agree, but also inclined to be excited to finally see Alderson get minutes, plus Carducci and potentially the Residency kids too of course... torn. Well, if they do badly I don't think anybody will blame them, and if they do well there's a brilliant opportunity.)

I went through here, BigSoccer, RPB and the TFC website, and I still have barely a clue what kind of a side TFC is going to put out tomorrow. I read one thing about Nelsen having no interest in the VCup. My guess too is that it will be a 2nd XI, got to keep all the players happy.

I went through here, BigSoccer, RPB and the TFC website, and I still have barely a clue what kind of a side TFC is going to put out tomorrow. I read one thing about Nelsen having no interest in the VCup. My guess too is that it will be a 2nd XI, got to keep all the players happy.

I wonder how MLSE feels about Nelsen having no interest in the Vs Cup?  It's gonna be hard to be the biggest club in NA if you're not in the Champions League....

Apparently, Nelsen's putting out a full strength squad while Vancouver is going to go with youth.

It's going to be interesting to see Alderson matching up with Bradley and Carducci going up against Defoe.

Clearly Robinson recognizes that it is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.  After all, the first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die.  #ExistentialistSoccerTrolling  

TFC gets a break in the MLS schedule at the right time so they can afford to play the vets. Let the pros play at home and send the kids to Vancouver with orders to "make Jose Mourinho proud" and bunker for 90, frustrate the Caps and get a 0-0 draw. That is if they can win tomorrow night big enough. If it is the TFC vets vs the Caps kids I'd be happy to only be down a goal at the end. Saves travel and playing on the carpet at BC Place for the younger bunch.

" masster, on 05 May 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

Every single year the whitecaps have said how important it is to win this trophy and competition, and then they release a lineup like this? Unless there has been some change in philosophy, it doesn't make sense. "

masster, never expect the truth from the Caps management. Talk is cheap. What they are doing clearly says "MLS regular season is more important to us" but they can't say that out loud. Cramped schedule for us so it makes sense but doesn't bode well for our chances.

One thing I am very surprised by is NRC not being on the V's Cup squad. It's not like he's been playing a lot. Gersh and Laba have been holding the mid and he's been on the pine for a month now.

Don't pay too much attention to that published roster. NRC isn't on it, but quotes came out from Robinson today saying that he is playing.

Good to hear. We'll need some vet presence. And just to make it more interesting Omar Salgado is in!!

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2014/05/whitecaps-fc-recall-striker-omar-salgado-charleston-battery

Just added a big target man up front. The plot thickens. This could be fun. I smell a 4-5-1 with a counter mentality for us. Big man up top try to snag us an away goal or two.

Archived