A chat with John Herdman

StrandOne

• 1 month later...

So you've seen the podcast. I applied for the RSS feed from SoundCloud + was granted one last week so now I can create a setup on iTunes. Brilliant, but guess what? I've run out of space on my SoundCloud acct to upload audio... for free. Now I need a bit of help so I'm bringing this crowd funding campaign to your attention.

indiegogo.com/projects/a-soccer-podcast-cut-2-the-chase

All the details are there but what I haven't said is that I'm aiming to have a 20-minute chat with Sepp Blatter about women's football. How am I going to manage that? I honestly don't know but THAT is my goal for this podcast in 2014. Is it feasible? We shall see... but not if the podcast dies. If you throw a few pesos at this women's soccer podcast, I will step up my game-- as an interviewer + producer.

Perhaps we'll get the chance to hear what Mr. Blatter really thinks about women's football.

If you've listened to a few episodes already, I'd love to have your feedback to how I can improve the podcast.

https://iwant2work4nike.typeform.com/to/a7FnSz

Thanks!

Thanks Ingrid, some great questions and answers.  Love the initiative and all you are doing in growing the conversation.  Bev Priestman was really good too.

See if you can find a way to transcribe and publish these too.

Not much interest in listening to Sepp Blatter, would rather listen to interesting people directly involved in the women's game.

I'm sure that Blatter is honestly pushing for the growth of women's soccer, just as for the growth of men's soccer in the non-traditional markets (Africa, Asia,...).  There's no doubt that he is a political animal, but I believe he is working toward the greater good in these regards, and he has my respect for that.  It would be interesting to find out what is really needed to outmaneuver the world's blazer boys arrayed against these upstart markets, but I doubt we'd ever hear it in an interview.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my podcast is all about people involved in soccer. Real questions. Real answers. Mr. Blatter often has interesting things to say when he responds off-the-cuff... surprising statements. It'd be cool to have an authentic chat with the man. I had a 90-minute chat with Andrew Orsatti and Gabriele Marcotti. Both will be trilogies because I can't edit that down... too much good info. But I don't have any space left on SoundCloud sooo.....

I'm giving the funding another go. I didn't collect any funds first time around because I chose the FIXED model. This time, I went with the FLEX model. You can even support the campaign with your DEBIT CARD, Credit Card, or PayPal ?? Y'all have already heard the podcast. I got the RSS feed so I can publish on iTunes, and yes Vic, transcripts is a good idea.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cut-2-the-chase/contributions/new

Click + give. Thanks guys!

Archived