Asmir Begovic is a lying sack of ****!

SthMelbRed

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/asmir-begovic-interview-sarajevo-would-be-bombarded-at-certain-times-of-the-day-people-hid-in-basements-9161678.html

See if you can make it all the way through this load of revisionist-history bull****.

-no mention of of sitting on the bench for the senior national team in a WCQ, but invents something about consciously deciding to stop playing for Canada at U20 level so that he didn't compromise his dream to play for Bosnia.

-no mention of going on Canadian radio claiming that he was not planning to switch his international allegiance when he had already signed the paperwork to play for Bosnia.

Granted, the man is a world-class goalkeeper. He lacks integrity as a man, though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/asmir-begovic-interview-sarajevo-would-be-bombarded-at-certain-times-of-the-day-people-hid-in-basements-9161678.html

See if you can make it all the way through this load of revisionist-history bull****.

-no mention of of sitting on the bench for the senior national team in a WCQ, but invents something about consciously deciding to stop playing for Canada at U20 level so that he didn't compromise his dream to play for Bosnia.

-no mention of going on Canadian radio claiming that he was not planning to switch his international allegiance when he had already signed the paperwork to play for Bosnia.

Granted, the man is a world-class goalkeeper. He lacks integrity as a man, though.

I don't think this article really says that. Other things in the past have done that for sure, though.

I don't think that it was a lie. I would blame it on the journalist that did not do his research. He technically stopped playing for us at the U-20 level since he never played for the senior team. Because that statement is technically true.

And the second part is just pure bitterness. I don't like the guy, but to blame him for not mentioning something that was said is ridiculous.

That Bosnian goalkeeper did lie on Full-Time, but this article looks legit tom e.

In the end what does it matter. We just move forward and focus on the guys in the U17s, U20s, and U23s and hope they don't follow suit.

This! I cringe every time I see him play for Stoke but there's nothing we can do but hope a young keeper who wants to play for us becomes better!

He's a Top 5 GK in one of the 5 best leagues in the world. How do you determine World Class status?

Really? I don't watch a tonne of EPL, but i find it hard to believe that Ass-smear Be6ovic is one of the top 5 keepers in that league.

He's a Top 5 GK in one of the 5 best leagues in the world. How do you determine World Class status?

I have to disagree. In no particular order, I would take over Ass-smear:

Lloris

Mignolet

Cech

Howard

Marshall (on current form - wow)

Honourable mentions (could go either way):

Hart (can be great)

Ruddy

De Gea

Vorm

Krul

Stekelenburg

From what I see, Ass-smear still gives up the odd weak goal. He has all the tools, true, but isn't world-class yet. We will see if he ever gets there.

How to determine world class? Well first of all not being "top 5" would be your first indicator they aren't world class. World class is tossed around. Messi is world class. Buffon is world class. Pirlo is world class.

Definition of World Class: Top 1 or 2 in your role in the world....in my opinion.

Doesn't mean they aren't great, and brilliant players. But World Class is tossed around so damn easily these days....

Archived