Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva

Tuscan

• 2 weeks later...

Is the expectation for him to play with the first team? They are in the second tier right?

My guess is that he'll play with the youth/reserve team as Olivier Lacoste-Lebuis did years back.  OLL actually played one match for Strasbourg senior squad in 2008 at 18 which I didn't know, a real shame that injuries slowed him down.  He was a blue chip prospect in the same light as Boakai, Hamilton etc.

Sorry to go off topic but is this professional game the reason he was never able to play for Maryland?  I don't understand why the school thought they could bring in a kid who had played a match in Ligue 2.

My guess is that he'll play with the youth/reserve team as Olivier Lacoste-Lebuis did years back. OLL actually played one match for Strasbourg senior squad in 2008 at 18 which I didn't know, a real shame that injuries slowed him down. He was a blue chip prospect in the same light as Boakai, Hamilton etc.

Sorry to go off topic but is this professional game the reason he was never able to play for Maryland? I don't understand why the school thought they could bring in a kid who had played a match in Ligue 2.

We must either have wildly different opinions on these players, or the definition of a blue chip prospect. While all show great promise, I'd be very hesitant to name any of them a 'can't miss' player, with any sort of confidence.

Canada and Germany have a reciprocating labour agreement so Canadians do not count as foreigners. A St. Lucian does count as foreign.

I expect Elva will get some PT with the Strasbourg first team. They are in Championnat National which is 3rd tier. The B team plays in 6th tier which is a really low level.

On another note i think FIFA have removed the 2 year residency rule for minors (which is how Aleman was eligible). So now you have to apply for an exemption or the player must live in the country for 5 yrs after 18. The Americans have apparently had issues with this rule recently. We will likely have to petition FIFA for Elva to play for us it looks like.

• 3 weeks later...

Caniggia Elva started at striker in the first match of the year for the Strasbourg Reserves (the division is termed "DH"). Racing Strasbourg defeated Soleil Bischheim 1 - 0 with a goal from, you guessed it, Elva. His potential is plain to see from Strasbourg fan chatter. He has also been training with the first team this week.

http://racingstub.com/forum/comment/1320865#c1320865

Caniggia Elva started at striker in the first match of the year for the Strasbourg Reserves (the division is termed "DH"). Racing Strasbourg defeated Soleil Bischheim 1 - 0 with a goal from, you guessed it, Elva. His potential is plain to see from Strasbourg fan chatter. He has also been training with the first team this week.

http://racingstub.com/forum/comment/1320865#c1320865

DH stands for Division d'Honneur which is the 6th tier of French football, just below CFA 2 (5th) and above Premiere Division (7th). The level of competition is probably no better than provincial senior amateur leagues in Canada like OSL, PCSL, AMSL etc. So don't bother getting too excited until he suits up for RC Strasbourgs' "A" team in the 3rd division.

DH stands for Division d'Honneur which is the 6th tier of French football, just below CFA 2 (5th) and above Premiere Division (7th). The level of competition is probably no better than provincial senior amateur leagues in Canada like OSL, PCSL, AMSL etc. So don't bother getting too excited until he suits up for RC Strasbourgs' "A" team in the 3rd division.

The kid at getafe was playing at a similar level no?

• jordan changed the title to Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva