Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva

Tuscan

Interesting final matchday in the 3.Liga

Ingolstadt are currently level (65pts) with 1860 Munich for the promotion playoff spot, but 1860 have a superior goal difference so they very comfortably hold the tiebreaker (it's like a +20 goal difference).

What's intriguing is not only do they play each other on Saturday, but Hansa Rostock, who sit in second, are only on 67 points, meaning their automatic promotion spot will be in jeopardy with anything but a win on Saturday, against the only team in the division already officially relegated.

Should they lose and Elva and Ingolstadt win, Elva will automatically gain promotion to the second Bundesliga, but a draw won't even be good enough for the play off spot, regardless of what happens in the Hansa Rostock game.

In short, Ingolstadt must win and Hansa Rostock losing will seal automatic promotion. If Hansa draws or wins Ingolstadt must settle for the play-off match. 

Edit: Shout out to Froese and Staarbrucken, who are currently 4th but too far away to be in this conversation. Considering they promoted to this level last year, finishing this high up the table is a great accomplishment and suggests their semi-final DFB Pokal run last year wasn't just a fluke.

Edited by Obinna

14 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Interesting final matchday in the 3.Liga

Ingolstadt are currently level (65pts) with 1860 Munich for the promotion playoff spot, but 1860 have a superior goal difference so they very comfortably hold the tiebreaker (it's like a +20 goal difference).

What's intriguing is not only do they play each other on Saturday, but Hansa Rostock, who sit in second, are only on 67 points, meaning their automatic promotion spot will be in jeopardy with anything but a win on Saturday, against the only team in the division already officially relegated.

Should they lose and Elva and Ingolstadt win, Elva will automatically gain promotion to the second Bundesliga, but a draw won't even be good enough for the play off spot, regardless of what happens in the Hansa Rostock game.

In short, Ingolstadt must win and Hansa Rostock losing will seal automatic promotion. If Hansa draws or wins Ingolstadt must settle for the play-off match. 

Edit: Shout out to Froese and Staarbrucken, who are currently 4th but too far away to be in this conversation. Considering they promoted to this level last year, finishing this high up the table is a great accomplishment and suggests their semi-final DFB Pokal run last year wasn't just a fluke.

Unless I’m looking at it wrong, there is still a game this Saturday, before the final match day that you are talking about on the following Saturday. So the situation could be different by the time the final match day comes.

Edit: 1860 Munich play Bayern II in their second to last match. Send Davies down for a match to help his countryman?

Edited by archer21

18 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Unless I’m looking at it wrong, there is still a game this Saturday, before the final match day that you are talking about on the following Saturday. So the situation could be different by the time the final match day comes.

Edit: 1860 Munich play Bayern II in their second to last match. Send Davies down for a match to help his countryman?

Good catch! I skipped a match day by mistake. This weekend won't be the dramatic final weekend I thought, that will be the following weekend. Ingolstadt have to play MSV Duisburg on this Saturday.

https://us.soccerway.com/teams/germany/fc-ingolstadt-04/5476/matches/

6 hours ago, archer21 said:

Don’t we have a kid on 1860 Munich as well? So not sure whether it’s better ingolstadt or they go up?

9 minutes ago, An Observer said:

Don’t we have a kid on 1860 Munich as well? So not sure whether it’s better ingolstadt or they go up?

I honestly didn’t even notice that. Looked him up. Matthew Durrans has played 2 games for 1860 Munich this season and 25 matches for 1860 Munich II (according to transfermarkt). So I’d rather Elva go up because he’d probably get playing time in 2.Bundesliga, whereas I don’t think you could say the same for Durrans.

Ingolstadt with a big 5-1 win today. Move to 3rd temporarily, but 1860 Munich can pass them again tomorrow with a win. Hands won as well, so they are still 2 points ahead heading into final match day. Dynamo are the other team ahead, only by 1 point right now, but with a game in hand.

7 hours ago, archer21 said:

Elva’s team is into the 2.Bundesliga. Hopefully he proves to be capable of playing at that level, and isn’t replaced by some reinforcements.

Great for him, big step up. 

I see his agent is German, and they only have 2B and lower players, and others in Turkey. Not really drawing conclusions from this, they'll have to decide if he is the level of player that can keep them in B2.

How much playing time did he get this year ? Did he see action in most games ? Hopefully he stays with his team and see a lot of minutes in the German second division. If he stays and plays a good amount of minutes in the German second division then he should be considered in future national team rosters .

21 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

How much playing time did he get this year ? Did he see action in most games ? Hopefully he stays with his team and see a lot of minutes in the German second division. If he stays and plays a good amount of minutes in the German second division then he should be considered in future national team rosters .

He played in 34 games (all that he was eligible for) and started 21 of those, 2172 minutes, so you could say he was a game day regular.  Transfermarkt also indicates that his contract is up on June 30th.

• 3 weeks later...
  • jordan changed the title to Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva