Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva

Tuscan

1 hour ago, Blackdude said:

The player has 7 starts there. I don't think going to a first division would be better. He just needs a right fit where he can start more often.

He has the quality to play euro first division, so many players stay in England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain's 2/3/4th tiers that they get lost in the mix and often stuck. In a lot of cases; because the goal is to play in the top 

pro your point, in those 7 starts he showed well

9 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

He has the quality to play euro first division, so many players stay in England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain's 2/3/4th tiers that they get lost in the mix and often stuck. In a lot of cases; because the goal is to play in the top 

pro your point, in those 7 starts he showed well

So you are saying he should join Tossaint Ricketts under the bright lights of FK Sūduva to get noticed? That is a euro first division.

15 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

So you are saying he should join Tossaint Ricketts under the bright lights of FK Sūduva to get noticed? That is a euro first division.

C'mon now, let's be reasonable. We all know the Lithuanian first division is too low. Somewhere in Scandinavia perhaps? Austria or Switzerland would be good choices as well. Holland or Belgium would perhaps be a step too far....

On 6/5/2019 at 10:15 AM, Obinna said:

C'mon now, let's be reasonable. We all know the Lithuanian first division is too low. Somewhere in Scandinavia perhaps? Austria or Switzerland would be good choices as well. Holland or Belgium would perhaps be a step too far....

Where he goes depends a lot where his agent has connections. Acoording tp transfermrkt he is with a German agency whose players are mostly in the German leagues.

28 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Canuks Abroad are reporting that he has signed with FC Ingolstadt in B3. They were relegated from B2 at the end of this season. 

Was kind of hoping for him to land in at least B2, but if Ingolstadt are good candidates for promotion, so be it.

Not a bad spot for him to end up. I believe they were in the Bundesliga earlier this decade. If he can play a significant role in helping them gain promotion into the 2. Bundesliga, it could brighten his prospects even further.

Apparently the older brother of Joel Matip is the captain of this side. He's a 3-time capped Cameroon international.

Other internationals in the side include Center back Mergim Marvraj (Albania), Forward Dario Lezcano (Paraguay), and Israeli defensive midfielder Almog Cohen. Not sure if any of these players will depart as a result of the relegation.

Lezcano hasn't been called up to Paraguay since 2017, but he has 4 goals in 13 games for them internationally, so I assume he's a pretty good player and at 28 he may depart for greener pastures than the German 3rd division. Perhaps bringing in Elva is a way to fill in the gap in the event that happens, just speculating. 

Ali Gerba also briefly played for this club by the way, scoring 11 goals in 10 league games.

• 2 months later...

I think we need to captie. He looks in form playing at the top team in the 3. Liga. Elva's been clear he wants to rep Canada, but we don't know how much patience he has and I'm sure St Lucia would love to have him in their fold.

Imagine a promotion for Ingolstadt (which at this point seems reasonable), he'd be playing 2. Bundesliga next year which means an automatic call for the nats. Would be a shame if at that point we missed out. 

He has started the season well. He has played two games, scoring 1 goal (as far as I know).

I think he's a dark horse for a call next month. Like others have mentioned, there is a lot of options in attack. 

I don't think we can afford to make wholesale changes, but we may want to bring in a couple of fresh faces.

So maybe Elva, and/or maybe Borges. Layera and Cordova should get a look, at least 1 of those two anyways. Akindele for sure should be getting a call. Perhaps a third keeper like Carducci gets brought in at the expense of Leutwiler. And with Hutchinson and Piette possibly out and Eustaquio not ready, maybe the younger Adekugbe sneaks in.

I wouldn't introduce more than 5 or 6 new player's though. Consistency is important.

Edited by Obinna

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

I don't think Herdman will be calling players from the 3.Liga.

I mean he started Godinho in our most important game in over a year, who is now a 3 Liga player.

Even at the time he was a Scottish Prem player that was getting no minutes. 3 Liga wouldn’t be that far fetched, and if he won’t call up players from 3 Liga we won’t be seeing a CPL call anytime soon. 

• jordan changed the title to Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva