Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva

Tuscan

14 minutes ago, Scorpion26 said:

Anyone thinks he trains and perhaps join first team after break? Feels like it time for him to do so or find loan in BL2 to get some games or even BL3.

Yeah, hopefully he gets invited to winter camp with the first team. Not sure what the winger situation is with the first team, but a chance is all he can ask for...

39 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Yeah, hopefully he gets invited to winter camp with the first team. Not sure what the winger situation is with the first team, but a chance is all he can ask for...

He's not just a winger. He can play everywhere AM , ST , RW. Ya he's been mostly on the right side  before he got hurt, but when he was a striker he got 2 goals. 

Hes going to be an amazing talent for Canada, everyone should get excited about this young player. 

Edited by SpecialK

17 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Hes going to be an amazing talent for Canada, everyone should get excited about this young player. 

@SpecialK .... We all sure hope so!!!... It'll be massive if he can move to the first team of Vfb Stuttgart this season or any other club from a top-flight league in Europe as it seems his ceiling is pretty high based on the name of this thread.... Whatever happened with those rumours (Arsenal, Barcelona, Benfica)???? ... Too bad he couldn't play in the latest friendly as I was looking forward in seeing this kid play... I have heard some pretty big things from him... Just the name alone sounds like he is one kind of a footballer, lol.... Will be checking some clips from him

Edited by CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE

7 minutes ago, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

@SpecialK .... We all sure hope so!!!... It'll be massive if he can move to the first team of Vfb Stuttgart this season or any other club from a top-flight league in Europe as it seems his ceiling is pretty high based on the name of this thread.... Whatever happened with those rumours (Arsenal, Barcelona, Benfica)???? ... Too bad he couldn't play in the latest friendly as I was looking forward in seeing this kid play... I have heard some pretty big things from him... Just the name alone sounds like he is one kind of a footballer, lol.... Will be checking some clips from him

You can find footage of him playing for our U23 team against Uzbekistan and Qatar on the CSA youtube channel: Canada soccer tv.

3 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Great skills by Elva and this whole CANMNT U-23... Love the lead up to the 1st goal, couple one touch passes and a great run by Elva leading to a deftly pass on to Hamilton for a  clinical finishing and .... BOOM 1-0 CANMNT!!!! ... Awuah made some good moves too, from the bit that I saw from this clip... Alemán looked great too, man what a run!!!! Had he finished, would've been another CANMNT goal, lmao!!! And Petrasso control of that aerial ball off the free kick was just PURE SKILL!!! Looked like one heck of a CANMNT team tbh.... Best thing is that some of these guys are already with the senior squad, adding a few more should be the next step... Very excited for this core of players.. Thanks for sharing @SpecialK... Ur very good at this... Would you know if we expect an announcement of the roster for the U-23 camp scheduled for this Tues. tonight or any day this weekend?... Still yet to hear anything from all sources I've been digging information from including here.. Hopefully the list is as exciting as this squad, I don't see why not, based on the few rumours some exciting talent is due for this camp... Should be another exciting CANMNT U-23 team

I think he's too old for the  Olympic  qualifying team,  Unless they use him as a one of three over agers. I think January 1997 is the cut off ( I could be wrong though ) 

Also I haven't heard anything about updates. 

It would be nice if we had some more friendlies so we can see him and other young talented players,  epic failure of the CSA. I hope he doesn't get pissed off and switches to Saint Lucia because they love him there. I think his father was very good soccer player for Saint Lucia.

Edited by SpecialK

29 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I think he's too old for the  Olympic  qualifying team,  Unless they use him as a one of three over agers. I think January 1997 is the cut off ( I could be wrong though )

There are no over aged players allowed to play in qualifying, only for the Olympics. And yes, the cut-off is 1997 birth year.

On 1/5/2018 at 11:09 PM, SpecialK said:

Also I haven't heard anything about updates. 

It would be nice if we had some more friendlies so we can see him and other young talented players,  epic failure of the CSA. I hope he doesn't get pissed off and switches to Saint Lucia because they love him there. I think his father was very good soccer player for Saint Lucia.

He was at our last friendly but was injured before the match so went back to Germany early, I don't think he's "pissed".. really the guy was called to a U23 camp and a friendly and I'm not sure he was even eligible for us until recently.  Hopefully we can have more U23/B camps to evaluate these bubble players.

On 1/5/2018 at 9:16 PM, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

Great skills by Elva and this whole CANMNT U-23... Love the lead up to the 1st goal, couple one touch passes and a great run by Elva leading to a deftly pass on to Hamilton for a  clinical finishing and .... BOOM 1-0 CANMNT!!!! ... Awuah made some good moves too, from the bit that I saw from this clip... Alemán looked great too, man what a run!!!! Had he finished, would've been another CANMNT goal, lmao!!! And Petrasso control of that aerial ball off the free kick was just PURE SKILL!!! Looked like one heck of a CANMNT team tbh.... Best thing is that some of these guys are already with the senior squad, adding a few more should be the next step... Very excited for this core of players.. Thanks for sharing @SpecialK... Ur very good at this... Would you know if we expect an announcement of the roster for the U-23 camp scheduled for this Tues. tonight or any day this weekend?... Still yet to hear anything from all sources I've been digging information from including here.. Hopefully the list is as exciting as this squad, I don't see why not, based on the few rumours some exciting talent is due for this camp... Should be another exciting CANMNT U-23 team

should someone tell him how the "exciting" u-23 team did, or shall I?

3 hours ago, Vince193 said:

should someone tell him how the "exciting" u-23 team did, or shall I?

You mean at that so called Aspire U-23 tourney or qualification for the 16 Rio Olympics? I am aware at both results ... They went perfect at the Aspire U-23 tourney with victories of 1-0 against Uzbekistan and 2-0 over Qatar, respectively.... Back-to-back shutouts and 3 goals scored in total, not bad at all, even though the U-23 national teams they played were of similar quality to the CANMNT U-23 squad, but I think, that so-called exciting team offered more talent than both sides they competed with... I saw the clip PLUS Cannigia's goal vs Uzbekistan and I liked what I saw... I was impressed tbf... Quite a different style & quality of play to the ones generally displayed by other CANMNT squads, particularly at the senior level over the last 3 WCQ cycles or so or Concacaf GC during that time period, primarily from 2011-2015... Int terms of qualifying for the 16 olympics, yeah again they came up quite short, but that 15 Olympic squad did not boast some of the players that gave this U23 a whole different look (talking of guys of the likes of Elva, Kaye, Córdova, even Awuah)... I just wanted to clarify what you were referring to... That's all don't take it wrong my friend... No harm whatsoever, lol.... Would you happen to know if they are always holding another of these camps on Jan.9??? I know they were supposed to play Atlético Nacional during that camp, but looked up that club's website as you and all of us know, sometimes we get info of CANMNT activity from opponents sources rather than CANMNT sources themselves and it mentions they are participating in a so-called Florida Cup and guess what... CANMNT U-23 squad is no where to be found as an opponent to them contrary to the the11.ca article that was published around 3 weeks back... 2 days to go and no damn announcement/rumour of the guys that have been invited... Wondering if you would know

• 3 months later...

Will leave Stuttgart at the end of this season:

https://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de/inhalt.transferticker-zum-vfb-stuttgart-was-passiert-mit-emiliano-insua.df202643-ffd4-49aa-83b5-5cb1befe8f2f.html

aniggia Elva wird den VfB Stuttgart verlassen. Der auf der Karibikinsel St. Luca geborene Offensivspieler mit kanadischem Pass wird im Juli 22 und passt damit nicht mehr in das von der Vereinsführung angestrebte Konzept der U21, die unter dem neuen Trainer Marc Kienle in der kommenden Regionalliga-Saison an den Start gehen soll. Elvas Vertrag läuft zum 30. Juni aus.

Hope he'll get a chance to play in the 3rd Liga...

1 hour ago, shamrock said:

https://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de/inhalt.transferticker-zum-vfb-stuttgart-was-passiert-mit-emiliano-insua.df202643-ffd4-49aa-83b5-5cb1befe8f2f.html

aniggia Elva wird den VfB Stuttgart verlassen. Der auf der Karibikinsel St. Luca geborene Offensivspieler mit kanadischem Pass wird im Juli 22 und passt damit nicht mehr in das von der Vereinsführung angestrebte Konzept der U21, die unter dem neuen Trainer Marc Kienle in der kommenden Regionalliga-Saison an den Start gehen soll. Elvas Vertrag läuft zum 30. Juni aus.

not surprising. Never seemed he was ever close to the 1st team and he's turning 22.

26 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Never looked destined to break into the first team anyways. Would like to see him try his luck in MLS.

That's a little harsh. As i noted in Jan. he had 3 goals and 6 assists in 12 games (10 games at RW and 2 at CF) before sustaining a serious injury. He came back recently and got 1 assist in 5 games. Now he's turning 22 and coming off an injury-shortened season so seems more like bad luck than anything else. 

But yeah, i'd like to see him in MLS because i think his athleticism and skill will serve him well here and should become a good player at that level.

The reality is that MLS is less and less a place players have to settle for.  Sure, if you are on a trajectory that will eventually see you in a top league, MLS probably in't a good move. But for players not on that kind of career arc, or who have hit a bit of a roadblock with their club, MLS is a pretty decent option assuming you can get paid what you think you are worth.  And if you play your cards right, Robbo can mold you into a top left back.

11 hours ago, shamrock said:

Also yes it's not surprising, but still sucks...

I get you, but I hope he tries his luck at least a higher level and also I think he should go to a different country. Would like to see him at Dutch league...

To add I am not against him joining MLS team perhaps a Canadian MLS team would be nice. Let see what moves he makes...

Edited by Scorpion26

• jordan changed the title to Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva