Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva

Tuscan

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Awesome news on Elva (that he can now play for us, not the torn hammy)!

Also confirms there is no difference between someone gaining citizenship before or after 18 if they apply for exemption under the non-existent youth residency rules.

So far the non-footballing reasons exemption is holding up, the problem is what happens if it stops. I'm surprised they haven't just written it into the rules as the point wasn't to screw immigrant's kids soccer future but to stop Aspire

25 minutes ago, Coramoor said:

So far the non-footballing reasons exemption is holding up, the problem is what happens if it stops. I'm surprised they haven't just written it into the rules as the point wasn't to screw immigrant's kids soccer future but to stop Aspire

I don't think this happens because of the countries (North Americans, Aussies, Western Europeans) who this would effect. There's just too much power behind these confederations to let that it happen.

28 minutes ago, Coramoor said:

With the rule against the movement of minors there was no reason to change the rule in the first place. They should bring back the 2 year residency rule for those under 18 and figure out another way to prevent the Qataris from messing around.

On 5/31/2015 at 7:31 PM, killgod said:

Does this mean that we count as domestics in the Bundesliga, but foreigners in MLS?

haha that is pretty funny, but I guess MLS isn't around to help the Canadian National  soccer team.

Edited by kcisoul
mis read the comment I was responding to

• 1 month later...

Stuttgart has been relegated to the 2.bundesliga and the reserve team also going down to regionalliga. Elva had 21 appearances including 11 starts in the third tier, wonder if he'll be part of the first team squad. They will be aiming for nothing short of promotion back to the top league so should be interesting to watch.

How is his injury reported in early April? Canada Soccer said he would previously have been called if he was not injured. Does this mean if he is ready to play he will be called for the CanU20 team to be called later this month?

12 hours ago, shermanator said:

Elva did play on April 22 and April 30, so I would assume he is good to go if called. I don't think he will be called to the U-20 camp since the announcement said it would be for 1997 and younger. Maybe he could be there for the June senior team camp?

He was actually listed as injured for the past two games. "Muscle problem" if I recall correctly. No idea of the extent of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

In the first half of this season he was training with the first team regularly. But he was set back to the Second team because he didn't get any plating time. Then he got injured and only started playing again towards the end of the first half. Considering he's playing at a lower level than last season, maybe he just ask for a nice loan-deal to a 3. Liga club for next season.

• jordan changed the title to Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva