Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva

Tuscan

41 minutes ago, king1010 said:

To cap him you dont necessarily need to drop someone from the best 23. You just give a guy an international break off against cuba. 

What mids do you drop to get him on??  Remember your going to have to fight people, because they want their pet peeve player included in front of Elva.  I have seen calls for Telfer, Borges, Campbell, Shome and Lareya.  Realistically maybe 2 new mids come to camp and maybe they both get into a game.  And against the USA there wont be any experimenting.  

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

What mids do you drop to get him on??  Remember your going to have to fight people, because they want their pet peeve player included in front of Elva.  I have seen calls for Telfer, Borges, Campbell, Shome and Lareya.  Realistically maybe 2 new mids come to camp and maybe they both get into a game.  And against the USA there wont be any experimenting.  

Would be surprised if any of the above make the Cuba roster. Pleasantly at least. Lareya is most likely if any.

5 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Potentially Teibert or johnson from the gold cup roster. Or if osorio is held back due to tfc having games sept 7th and 11th while fighting for a playoff spot. Also piette is dealing with injury and may be left off. 

Edited by king1010

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Canuks Abroad have posted an interview  with Elva...he appears to be committed to Canada and is focusing on his play with FC Ingolsdadt. He has been playing as a wide right mid in a 442 system.

This is great news. I was never worried about him deflecting before and he has always said he wants to play for Canada, but Nations League makes playing for St. Lucia more attractive.

I am hoping he can move to the second Bundesliga soon. His team is currently in 5th and it seems he is playing regularly, so there is reason for optimism.

He is still only 23 years old.

• 8 months later...

He is having a quiet nice season. I say quiet because I don't seem him talked about often enough here. 

image.png.09fb38d3f7456d77f47264d94c2badac.png

His team is in a fight for promotion to the Liga 2, and with FCBII not being able to be promoted the chance for him is great.

I was impressed when I saw him playing for Canada 3 years ago, I definitely think he should get another look.

45 minutes ago, Shway said:

He is having a quiet nice season. I say quiet because I don't seem him talked about often enough here. 

image.png.09fb38d3f7456d77f47264d94c2badac.png

His team is in a fight for promotion to the Liga 2, and with FCBII not being able to be promoted the chance for him is great.

I was impressed when I saw him playing for Canada 3 years ago, I definitely think he should get another look.

Agree on this one. I think we need to get this guy involved. His trajectory is looking good. I wish we had friendlies to get him into the mix.  

On 2/27/2014 at 2:40 PM, Blackdude said:

Who are we to judge, it's not like Canadians win trophies anyways.

I went to the start of this thread to remind myself of Elva's birth year and saw this comment. It was very much true when it was said 6 years ago, but I'm glad to see Davies breaking that trend!

On 6/1/2019 at 11:29 AM, Obinna said:

I am curious to see what clubs are after him from abroad.

I also wonder if TFC would be wise to pick him up. I almost want to say he should stay away from this impending dumpster fire in Toronto, but for Elva it would be a step up in some respects. 

I said the other day Toronto should have gone for Omar Browne, but Elva has a similar profile and is a few years younger. He can play wide forward, he can play on the wing, he can play in a two-man forward line. He has good ball control, good speed. I wouldn't say he's a prolific finisher, but I think he could bag 5-7 a season in MLS. He'd be relatively cheap and he's Canadian so they don't need to burn an international slot.

this aged poorly lol

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

this aged poorly lol

Not really. Elva just played a role in his club (almost) promoting to B2. Clearly he is a good player.

I got the Omar Browne call wrong though. Man is just too inconsistent despite being very talented.

Edited by Obinna

17 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Not really. Elva just played a role in his club (almost) promoting to B2. Clearly he is a good player.

I got the Omar Browne call wrong though. Man is just too inconsistent despite being very talented.

Ya I meant the Omar Browne and TFC part. 

• jordan changed the title to Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva