New Canadians abroad

Blackdude

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Grosso off to join the Bianconere from Texas Longhorns. First match is likely vs Sassuolo on Jan 5th in Super Cup. Looks like it is for now till the end of the season only.

Grosso is represented by A&V Sports, whose clients include Buchanan, Fleming & Beckie.

Edited by red card

30 minutes ago, red card said:

Reading beats Chelsea for the first time with an early goal from Rose. Fleming started for Chelsea.

Reading moves to 5th with 13 points. Chelsea is in 2nd with 21 points - 1 behind Arsenal who play tomorrow against 0 point Leicester. On SN at 1330.

https://streamja.com/4WwVV

I watched the match on Sportsnet great to Rose bag one to lead her team to victory. Fleming played most of the match.

Report from BBC https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59529633

Edited by mtlfan
spelling

IFFHS World Team of the year features only Lawrence. No other Canadians. Basically biased to the UEFA CL, and away from the Olympics. I think that is fine, to a point, but if Spain can't make the Olympics, or Norway, then you have to question swinging it so hard this way (and I'm a Barça supporter looking at a Barça majority on that starting 11).

https://www.iffhs.com/posts/1509

Champions League quarter final draw today, home and away. Playing in March.

Bayern-PSG (Labbe, Lawrence, Huitema)

Juventus (Grosso)-Olympique Lyon (Buchanan)

Winners face each other. Will be interesting to see how Grosso fits into the Juve squad, she should be fully part of it by March

The other match-ups, with winners matched for semis, are Real Madrid-Barça and Arsenal-Wolfsburg. Note, RM is really a newly created team, they bought the licence of another club, and while they have money + ambition are not there yet.

I'll predict Barcelona as a finalist vs. one of the French sides. Both are strong this year and very closely matched. Final I believe is played in Italy.

Juve are over their head with Lyon but the quarters is a good progression for an Italian side.

Lyon/PSG would be a repeat of last year and Labbe v. Endler (PSG's keeper last year).

FCB/RM is an interesting domestic derby. Barca won 3-1 against them a week ago cruising after three goals in the first 23 minutes and you have to give them about a 95% chance of going through. But Asllani is quality and Esther when she is on can be a tough mark, hopefully they make a contest of it.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Champions League quarter final draw today, home and away. Playing in March.

Bayern-PSG (Labbe, Lawrence, Huitema)

Juventus (Grosso)-Olympique Lyon (Buchanan)

Winners face each other. Will be interesting to see how Grosso fits into the Juve squad, she should be fully part of it by March

The other match-ups, with winners matched for semis, are Real Madrid-Barça and Arsenal-Wolfsburg. Note, RM is really a newly created team, they bought the licence of another club, and while they have money + ambition are not there yet.

I'll predict Barcelona as a finalist vs. one of the French sides. Both are strong this year and very closely matched. Final I believe is played in Italy.

How does the Phonz play that one when is lady friend his playing against his own club at the Allianz? 🙂 

Edited by SthMelbRed

• 4 weeks later...

UBC/Victoria Highlanders keeper Emily Moore signs a short-term contract with West Ham. Looks like she is replacing Mackenzie Arnold who heads out on international duty with Australia to the 2022 AFC Women’s Asian Cup in India.

Another US

Another USports keeper made her debut in Liga BPI.

Edited by red card

Good find.

Most Europeans with any semblance of hand/eye coordination play handball (which is insanely fun to watch).

North America has long been overproductive in keepers on the men's side, so it's natural for it to happen next on the women's.

The next progression in women's goalkeeping will be height, but we're a long way from there yet.

Edited by _Vic_

• 2 weeks later...