Calgary back in PDL in 2015

Stuart

8 hours ago, CDNFootballer said:

Good to hear Wheeldon mention NASL as a possibility finally, they'd be a natural rival for the Eddies and makes more sense IMO if they're going to make a jump up.

Having spoken to Tommy a few times, he doesn't seem like he's ruled out any top flight option. I think he honestly thinks that a proper club should have a top flight team at the peak of their developmental pyramid. He says MLS because that's the recognized North American top flight but I think if NASL or CPL suddenly became viable, he'd jump at it. 

I wouldn't bet against him. He seems to have a knack for program building and for selling his club. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I don't know other than the whole Foothills/Footsoldiers thing.  Someone suggested foothills and for some reason the first thing I thought of was civil war era bayonets and people fighting in hills, and for calgary for some reason I wanted it to have a slightly military feel(to be fair the one I did for Ed was based off the loyal edmonton regiment so maybe that's why).  Looking for other ideas though(gonna do a Stampeders SC one but wanted to try not ripping off the CFL first).   Crest shape/having two things crossed felt right.  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense I realize but work with me here.

10 hours ago, Oranje said:

The Foothills are essentially where the Prairies meets the Rockies. I think the Footsoldiers was something neat with the word "foot" in it, but I could be wrong because there was a military base here until the 90s.

Well I think I can work with that at least.  But symbolism wise hills seem a little lacking on their own.  A deer maybe?  Deerfoot trail?  Maybe I'm reaching.  

Archived