CSA Player Registration Database - FIFA Connect Program

DigzTFC

I know people conceptually understand the need for a centralized registration database with the CSA. I just wanted to point out the actual program that FIFA is creating that the CSA intends on using. $9 Million is a significant budget. A timeline of 2012-2014 was offered so we can assume it will launch in the near future.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/footballdevelopment/projects/01/94/01/70/factsheetdevelopment_january2014_neutral.pdf

FIFA Connect Budget : USD 9 million

Worldwide football stakeholder registration programme

- Target group: all 209 Member Associations

- Support adapted to registration solutions in place

- Creation of Data Standard across the world

- Introduction of the FIFA Connect ID (unique identifier)

I know people conceptually understand the need for a centralized registration database with the CSA. I just wanted to point out the actual program that FIFA is creating that the CSA intends on using. $9 Million is a significant budget. A timeline of 2012-2014 was offered so we can assume it will launch in the near future.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/footballdevelopment/projects/01/94/01/70/factsheetdevelopment_january2014_neutral.pdf

FIFA Connect Budget : USD 9 million

Worldwide football stakeholder registration programme

- Target group: all 209 Member Associations

- Support adapted to registration solutions in place

- Creation of Data Standard across the world

- Introduction of the FIFA Connect ID (unique identifier)

I suspect it will be implemented for professional players only ...not amateur registrations world wide, I might be wrong but I suspect FIFA does not get the youth registration business and the software program if developed by FIFA and its partners in Europe will not meet full need of Canadian soccer clubs... ultimately a to be seen ..event.

I suspect it will be implemented for professional players only ...not amateur registrations world wide, I might be wrong but I suspect FIFA does not get the youth registration business and the software program if developed by FIFA and its partners in Europe will not meet full need of Canadian soccer clubs... ultimately a to be seen ..event.

On TSN FC (Jan 23rd), Jason Devos did an interview with Montopoli after the Strategic Plan presentation. He identified this program as the one the CSA intended to use to have a centralized database and conduct youth player registration. I think professional players have FIFA ID numbers already associated with them.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/02/15/44/15/circularno.1376-fifaconnectprogramme-1stsurveyformemberassociations_neutral.pdf

FIFA

Connect

Programme

Dear Sir or Madam,

In December 2011, the FIFA Executive Committee approved the FIFA Connect Programme, with the aim of enabling member associations to register all their stakeholders in an effective football registration and management system. FIFA has acknowledged the importance of football stakeholder registration for member associations and, through the creation of the FIFA Connect Programme, has made it a major long-term goal in its development strategy.

As part of the ramp-up of this new programme, the FIFA MA and Development Division has set up a survey to evaluate the status of stakeholder registration in all member associations. The survey will contribute to a better understanding of the current landscape of stakeholder registration, and consequently influence the further development of the FIFA Connect Programme.

Archived