Canada playing Spain in June?

"Other World Cup participants that are confirmed to take part in the "Road to Brazil" are Bosnia-Herzegovina"

We should play them in Toronto and hand out free tickets to all former Serb and Croat paramilitary and unleash them on Asmir Be6ovic.

We are up against Bolivia and Panama for this friendly game.

So should we assume we are not playing Spain? If Spain is taking part and so is Bolivia in this "ROAD TO BRAZIL" thing, it seems likely to me that of the three teams looking for that game against the Spanish, Bolivia won. We aren't listed and neither is Panama.

"Other World Cup participants that are confirmed to take part in the "Road to Brazil" are Bosnia-Herzegovina"

We should play them in Toronto and hand out free tickets to all former Serb and Croat paramilitary and unleash them on Asmir Be6ovic.

chill out dude.

I think Canada should reach out to the former Yugoslav War criminals who live in our country when Begovic comes to town. I think it would be an admirable gesture of community building. To show our trust, leave the Bosnian locker room unguarded and let the war criminals bring in assault rifles and machetes.

I think Canada should reach out to the former Yugoslav War criminals who live in our country when Begovic comes to town. I think it would be an admirable gesture of community building. To show our trust, leave the Bosnian locker room unguarded and let the war criminals bring in assault rifles and machetes.

chill out dude.

• 2 weeks later...
Considering we've only had negative news about friendlies recently, I'm wondering have there been any updates on this game?

Well at first we thought we were up against Panama and Bolivia for the friendly spot.

Panama I think will play a friendly against Serbia and then a friendly against Brazil (in Brazil) instead.

http://www.diez.hn/internacionales/471769-228/brasil-y-panama-jugarian-amistoso-en-junio-en-goias

Then there was that announcement about the "Road to Brazil" series of matches. We weren't listed but El Salvador was. Now it seems like El Salvador might play that game against Spain in Washington DC. There are serious talks at least.

http://www.marca.com/2014/02/18/futbol/futbol_internacional/resto_de_america/1392718331.html

One disadvantage that Canada has for matches like this is that we won't draw fans in. Bring in a Central or South American club to some American cities and you will get a lot of fans who are from the old country. I think there is a big El Salvadoran community in D.C. if I remember right.

Jason

One disadvantage that Canada has for matches like this is that we won't draw fans in. Bring in a Central or South American club to some American cities and you will get a lot of fans who are from the old country. I think there is a big El Salvadoran community in D.C. if I remember right.

Jason

Spain will sellout anywhere they play regardless though, no?

• 3 months later...

My head hurts just thinking about it. On the other hand El Salvador only lost to Spain 2-0. We might have had to find other excuses for pints. Doubt that would have been difficult.

That has never been much of a challenge when I have hung around with you guys. With nobody having to even think about driving, I suspect even a post game symposium after that certain Honduras game could have been managed. And please don't tell me that we should ever again have to contemplate a worse ass kicking for any of our National teams of any age or gender than that one. Please..............

Archived