Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

Horrible. Two stupid yellows. 
There’s one thing to blame how shite the Whitecaps are, but Lucas hasn’t been a bright spot or even looked like he’s put in work. 

It’s disappointing, and this pace does he get called up?

I mean he’s been awful but of course we would call him. 

5 minutes ago, Shway said:

Horrible. Two stupid yellows. 
There’s one thing to blame how shite the Whitecaps are, but Lucas hasn’t been a bright spot or even looked like he’s put in work. 

It’s disappointing, and this pace does he get called up?

I mean other than him Larin and David we are somewhat limited at ST. Akindele, Ricketts and Brym are in theory a step down from Cavallini. He's looked really poor tonight although I'm not sure if that contact on Diop was worth a second yellow. 

Edited by Nate3322

27 minutes ago, Nate3322 said:

I mean other than him Larin and David we are somewhat limited at ST. Akindele, Ricketts and Brym are in theory a step down from Cavallini. He's looked really poor tonight although I'm not sure if that contact on Diop was worth a second yellow. 

At this point I expect to see Ongaro get a look at ST. Same with Bair.

24 minutes ago, Nate3322 said:

I mean other than him Larin and David we are somewhat limited at ST. Akindele, Ricketts and Brym are in theory a step down from Cavallini

His form has been trending down since the USA away game imo. I know he’s called the tank, but damn is he moving like one - no movement. 

I agree though, we are definitely not blessed with options up top. However I do believe that because no other strikers are in form, he still gets called up or else I wouldn’t.

I'm being careful not to get too down on him after just a few games, or even just this season. Clearly a lot of retooling to be done in Vancouver (hopefully), and if they get that, we should see him getting more chances to do what he's actually good at. He has consistently outperformed his expected goals elsewhere, because he's always been a lethal striker in the box. I don't think that just magically disappears because you're in Vancouver.

9 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

I'm being careful not to get too down on him after just a few games, or even just this season. Clearly a lot of retooling to be done in Vancouver (hopefully), and if they get that, we should see him getting more chances to do what he's actually good at. He has consistently outperformed his expected goals elsewhere, because he's always been a lethal striker in the box. I don't think that just magically disappears because you're in Vancouver.

You'd be surprised what playing negative football does to a player's psyche and confidence

9 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

On the replay Lucas looked like he was inviting Binks to take the issue outside and settle it there.

It's hard to believe that Binks is only 19 (and Cav 26).... when Vancouver went 1-3 down I just knew he was going to get red carded. He's still a quality striker but needs service. Bair's goal started with Cav knocking Maciel of the ball. Adnan  looks unfit. He has the kind of delivery that Cav would thrive on but can't seem to get up and down the flank with any regularity.

25 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Adnan  looks unfit. He has the kind of delivery that Cav would thrive on but can't seem to get up and down the flank with any regularity.

The only thing on Adnan's mind is trying to find a way out of Vancouver with a Gangnam style transfer.

Better defensive teams have the scouting report of taking away his time and space in the Vancouver half and then he just tries to do it himself.  He left Cornelius out to dry a few times this evening.

2 hours ago, Kadenge said:

It's hard to believe that Binks is only 19 (and Cav 26).... when Vancouver went 1-3 down I just knew he was going to get red carded. He's still a quality striker but needs service. Bair's goal started with Cav knocking Maciel of the ball. Adnan  looks unfit. He has the kind of delivery that Cav would thrive on but can't seem to get up and down the flank with any regularity.

Binks is legit.

Can we keep him for 4 more years so he can be CanMNT eligible in time for 2026? Lol

6 minutes ago, Shway said:

What a relief. You could see what it meant to him.

But great goal to work to get into that position. It was actually a classic Lucas goal, he just needs the service to come into the box more often.

Agreed. Very happy for Cav and the Caps last night. I think he’s just finding his way in the MLS and should be a force for any opponent to control in the box

• 4 weeks later...