Jump to content
section114row20

Lucas Cavallini

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Lansdude said:

Maybe Cavallini can't stand hearing himself lie and feels the truth is better. But even when you're talking about your club team, you have to give lip service to loyalty. No one likes a mercenary. It bursts the bubble of our "imagined community", especially when it comes to countries. At the very least you can be honest about how close you feel to it while praising the opportunities its given you.

So you are saying that some fans prefer mercenaries who lie to those that don't, and those are the good mercenaries. Because they hide the reality from fans, who are too sensitive to take the truth?

In Canada we forget we are a losing soccer nation, then go about slagging our players from this same losing mentality. Beggars can't be choosy.

I personally just take it that a huge percentage of players are pretty ignorant and, of course, uneducated, and have no control over what they are saying. The best player in the world is a dolt, and the second best, not the brightest. Every so often one comes along who can talk, but it is like 10-15%. They are not even able to analyse the games they just played. Compare that with the tennis pros, I was listening to Nadal today and he analysed the game point by point, it was a technical analysis of the Krygios match in detail. Rarely I've seen a footballer do this.

Then fans come along expecting something else.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^   Agreed 100%!

 

I'll continue to be a fan of the honest to a fault, hard-working, battering ram of a striker who helps his team and scores goals.  You guys can keep hoping for that great player on the field who becomes a well spoken politician in front of the microphone to show up!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MtlMario said:

Excuse me but it was 8-1. Give credit where credit is due😎.

Hah, yes, Touche.  Its all a blur man.  Trying my best to forget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, costarg said:

Hah, yes, Touche.  Its all a blur man.  Trying my best to forget.

I remembered it was 8-1, but in fairness to you, I think it was 7-0 when I changed the channel for the well being of myself and everyone and everything around me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dbailey62 said:

It was a great goal!

It was "but it wasn't really Canada scoring", and "we didn't need it anyways". And on and on.

Oops, are you talking about the one vs Honduras, or Cavallini's?

Or were they pretty well of the same value?

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 6:14 PM, dbailey62 said:

Don't you think that just maybe, every player on the team wants to play in a World Cup?

Just saying!

Of course they do but what I meant was if we we're  NOT hosting 2026 maybe he would't be here. Who knows. just saying.

Edited by MtlMario
missing word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've got 2022 to work towards first. One bad injury and anyone of those guys careers are over. I don't think anybody is banking on 2026 although they'll be hoping. 

Six years is a long ways away.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dbailey62 said:

We've got 2022 to work towards first. One bad injury and anyone of those guys careers are over. I don't think anybody is banking on 2026 although they'll be hoping. 

Six years is a long ways away.  

 

8 years ago was the worst day in Canadian soccer history

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 3:53 PM, grigorio said:

did he say he isn't Canadian in this one too or could he keep it together? 

He actually said that he's a " Canadian boy" at one point. I guess it depends on who's asking. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I feel bad for this guy.

I know it's only the first game of the season. I knew the whitecaps would struggle to get Cavallini the ball, but I never envisioned it being that bad. The whitecaps were absolutely dreadful. Lucas was an island on his own. And it wasn't just him, Freddy Montero didn't get any of the ball either. The whitecaps seem to have no defined way of playing. All the players hold on to the ball for too much, or are not on the same page in general. I like Marc Dos Santos, but his group play with no believe and no confidence. I hate that Lucas Cavallini is in this situation, but that's what he signed up for. The few chances he had could have gone better for sure, but if this is how the season is going to go I think Lucas is going to want to jump ship and I wouldn't blame him. The players around him are just not good enough. The French-Serbian did well and the Colombian winger did well at times, but there was no coherency in the attack, just players doing their best to create chances as individuals. Things don't look good. 

Edited by Obinna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea wasn't surprised to see Cavallini starved. I was actually laughing at how it looked at times for the caps. Like @Obinna said, it looked like they had no plan of attack. Route one football that would benefit Ricketts chasing those balls.

Ughhh sigh, it's a long season... I hope things will be better for him. 

On a side note Rusty was a bright spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mister99bottles said:

You know MLS has it's well-deserved reputation of being a crappy retirement league that's non-competitive and amateur skill level so Cav made a mistake with this move. Why didn't CPL get him? He'd be great for Forge or York 9.

Welcome back tg11!!

Edited by Alex1775

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mister99bottles said:
10 hours ago, Mister99bottles said:

You know MLS has it's well-deserved reputation of being a crappy retirement league that's non-competitive and amateur skill level so Cav made a mistake with this move. Why didn't CPL get him? He'd be great for Forge or York 9.

Between Robert and this guy the soccer gods are testing our patience as fans... it’s not enough that we suffer through disappointment after disappointment from our actual team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Alex1775 said:

Welcome back tg11!!

Nah, tg11 was the guy with the rambling run on sentences that ended up arguing both sides of any discussion.  He was much easier to take than the anti USA/MLS troll.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Obinna said:

I feel bad for this guy.

I know it's only the first game of the season. I knew the whitecaps would struggle to get Cavallini the ball, but I never envisioned it being that bad. The whitecaps were absolutely dreadful. Lucas was an island on his own. And it wasn't just him, Freddy Montero didn't get any of the ball either. The whitecaps seem to have no defined way of playing. All the players hold on to the ball for too much, or are not on the same page in general. I like Marc Dos Santos, but his group play with no believe and no confidence. I hate that Lucas Cavallini is in this situation, but that's what he signed up for. The few chances he had could have gone better for sure, but if this is how the season is going to go I think Lucas is going to want to jump ship and I wouldn't blame him. The players around him are just not good enough. The French-Serbian did well and the Colombian winger did well at times, but there was no coherency in the attack, just players doing their best to create chances as individuals. Things don't look good. 

I was at the game, and I agree. To be honest, aside from maybe Malinkovic the entire team looked a step too slow, and a little flat yesterday. Lucas should’ve finished that through ball from Adnan to tie the game. Help is on the way though and let’s hope it’s only up from here for Cavallini and the caps 🤞🏻

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Nah, tg11 was the guy with the rambling run on sentences that ended up arguing both sides of any discussion.  He was much easier to take than the anti USA/MLS troll.  

Other than the fact that he liked to post in 15 different threads at a time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...