section114row20

Lucas Cavallini

26 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Davies is 13 million plus performance bonuses we have no idea if he's reached.

Unless the perf bonuses were based solely on offensive production as a LW, it is safe to assume he is hitting at least some of them.   Starting regularly in the league and CL has to be seen as delivering.  

46 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Davies was 22 million

Yeah but that is with add-ons. He will probably hit them but I am not counting that until he actually does. That's why I said +$13M.

Edited by Obinna

2 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Davies is 13 million plus performance bonuses we have no idea if he's reached.

He already reached them. The details of those "bonuses" will not be released to the public. They weren't based on performance but more around protecting Bayern because the unprecedented nature of the transfer

Edited by SpursFlu

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Unless the perf bonuses were based solely on offensive production as a LW, it is safe to assume he is hitting at least some of them.   Starting regularly in the league and CL has to be seen as delivering.  

Oh, he's almost certainly hitting at least some of them. We just don't know how many and for how much. If he was sold/bought as an attacking midfielder, then some of those bonuses would be tied in to offense and he's probably not hitting those.

They're not performance based stipulations. There won't be a tweet sent out "with that goal the Whitecaps receive 9 million bucks from Bayern" it's more around Bayern getting what they thought they were getting which has already been qualified. The transfer was worth 22 million dollars. End of story

Edited by SpursFlu

46 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

They're not performance based stipulations. There won't be a tweet sent out "with that goal the Whitecaps receive 9 million bucks from Bayern" it's more around Bayern getting what they thought they were getting which has already been qualified. The transfer was worth 22 million dollars. End of story

How do you know this for sure? There wasn't an appearance(s) stipulation or anything?

Anyway, nice for the Whitecaps! 

48 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Never heard of one of those types of clauses: "If Bayern feel like Davies is good enough, they will give Vancouver Whitecaps more money just out of the generosity of their hearts."

There's gotta be something measurable. I am just wondering if you know, or are just thinking since Davies is playing well he must have gotten them. 

Wont it be something based on whether he was at Bayern 2 or playing with the big club.  13mil if he is busts his knee and never plays a senior game, 15 if he plays all year at bayern 2 but 22 if he sticks the with the club and plays in 20 games etc??   I'm sure its like that, although with the amount he has been playing, Van should be getting the full 22mil.  Couldnt have asked a 19 year old to do much more.  

On 12/14/2019 at 1:38 PM, SpursFlu said:

How do you know and do you mind sharing the information with us?

Edited by Obinna

On 12/14/2019 at 3:38 PM, SpursFlu said:

If they're not performance based then how would they qualify what they were getting?  It's not like Bayern is like "Hey, yeah he's good, here's another 8 million".  It's all based on numbers and not opinion - that would be impossible.

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

Whitecaps should target Osorio, hes not a great fit with Bradley and Pozuelo. Send Teibert and some TAM for Osorio. 

Not enough TAM in the world to make that deal! Teibert is competent but has shown me little beyond that!

15 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

Whitecaps should target Osorio, hes not a great fit with Bradley and Pozuelo. Send Teibert and some TAM for Osorio. 

I don't think Osorio would ever leave TFC unless the club kicked him out. He's from Brampton if i'm not mistaken, he's home. 

Maybe just me but I would've liked to see Cav stay in the Mexican League which is a higher quality league than the MLS. I think he ended his Puebla stint with 30 goals in 75 games. 

Maybe Vancouver can be a threat in the western conference? An all Canadian MLS final would be something amazing for the country.