Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

Like a lot of you in here, my preference (one side of me) would have like for him to stay in Liga MX and made a move to a bigger Liga Mx club, such as when it was highly rumoured he would be moving on to Atlas (CSA erroneously posted on their IG the signing, later denied by Cav himself) as the deal was ultimately nixed for whatever reason unknown to me. I still see a fair bit of benefits of him coming to a CANMLS club, particularly as a DP as it is rumoured to be and be the highest paid Canadian in MLS circles by my count once he officially joins and the face of the CAPS (one thereof anyways) in terms of driving fans at least regionally and within the VAN city market to support the club + national team to an extent. A lot of it of course would have to do with production, which I think he should at minimum provide decent production I'm sure. CAPS seemed to be becoming the anti-thesis of TFC in terms of opportunities to Canadian players, lmfao. Thereby, despite being in ONT, the CAPS may become my CANMLS club of choice, lmfao.

If his production is a successful one, we can never go wrong with having a top CANMNter among the leading goal scorers of the league and should help in bringing a little more exposure to our talented players in these circles anyways. Mean, would have been ideal had it been TFC who picked him up , given his personal preference of MLS team he would go to as that sought out goal-scoring forward they seemed to be targeting , but seems TFC are ambitious in that department in terms of who they are looking (nothing wrong by that by any means, wanna make it clear) but since as it stands, they got one American DP, one European, as a team in a Canadian market, he could  have been the perfect Canadian DP , but still clinging hope that in the not too distant future a Canadian DP is added into the mix, but the way they go about in search of American players and the feeling of being the American reclamation project makes things not so promising for this wish of mine (and prolly meany in here in Toronto/GTA or surrounding areas) to be fulfilled, lmfao!!!! 🤷🏿‍♀️

45 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Where does $6M rank in the list of all-time transfer fees for Canadians?

Davies is obviously no. 1 at +$13M, Radzinski to Everton is up there somewhere too...

Cavallini's fee is ahead of Tabla to Barca, Larin to Besiktas, Eustaquio to Cruz Azul...

$28.5M - Owen Hargreave from Bayern Munich to Manchester United.

Edited by Watchmen

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Where does $6M rank in the list of all-time transfer fees for Canadians?

Davies is obviously no. 1 at +$13M, Radzinski to Everton is up there somewhere too...

Cavallini's fee is ahead of Tabla to Barca, Larin to Besiktas, Eustaquio to Cruz Azul...

Davies was 22 million

Edited by SpursFlu

2 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Davies is 13 million plus performance bonuses we have no idea if he's reached.

He already reached them. The details of those "bonuses" will not be released to the public. They weren't based on performance but more around protecting Bayern because the unprecedented nature of the transfer

Edited by SpursFlu

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Unless the perf bonuses were based solely on offensive production as a LW, it is safe to assume he is hitting at least some of them.   Starting regularly in the league and CL has to be seen as delivering.  

Oh, he's almost certainly hitting at least some of them. We just don't know how many and for how much. If he was sold/bought as an attacking midfielder, then some of those bonuses would be tied in to offense and he's probably not hitting those.

They're not performance based stipulations. There won't be a tweet sent out "with that goal the Whitecaps receive 9 million bucks from Bayern" it's more around Bayern getting what they thought they were getting which has already been qualified. The transfer was worth 22 million dollars. End of story

Edited by SpursFlu

46 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

They're not performance based stipulations. There won't be a tweet sent out "with that goal the Whitecaps receive 9 million bucks from Bayern" it's more around Bayern getting what they thought they were getting which has already been qualified. The transfer was worth 22 million dollars. End of story

How do you know this for sure? There wasn't an appearance(s) stipulation or anything?

Anyway, nice for the Whitecaps! 

48 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Never heard of one of those types of clauses: "If Bayern feel like Davies is good enough, they will give Vancouver Whitecaps more money just out of the generosity of their hearts."

There's gotta be something measurable. I am just wondering if you know, or are just thinking since Davies is playing well he must have gotten them. 

Wont it be something based on whether he was at Bayern 2 or playing with the big club.  13mil if he is busts his knee and never plays a senior game, 15 if he plays all year at bayern 2 but 22 if he sticks the with the club and plays in 20 games etc??   I'm sure its like that, although with the amount he has been playing, Van should be getting the full 22mil.  Couldnt have asked a 19 year old to do much more.  

On 12/14/2019 at 1:38 PM, SpursFlu said:

How do you know and do you mind sharing the information with us?

Edited by Obinna

On 12/14/2019 at 3:38 PM, SpursFlu said:

If they're not performance based then how would they qualify what they were getting?  It's not like Bayern is like "Hey, yeah he's good, here's another 8 million".  It's all based on numbers and not opinion - that would be impossible.