section114row20

Lucas Cavallini

5 hours ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

To mimic Spurs I would love to see him in Vancouver being that he’s a Canadian International and we need a striker like Lucas who can finish.... Sporting KC leaves me puzzled though as it’s a decent step down to a medium American MLS market

Perhaps they are offering more money? 

of course he will stay hot in MLS... and it will prove absolutely nothing. If Larin stays hot in Belgium and Cavallini in MLS... its a no brainer who the better striker is. Its an unpopular opinion, but Currently Larin is the striker on better form, scoring in a more competitive league, and younger, and with Cavallini going to MLS, it will just solidify Larin's spot as a CMNT starter.

2 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

of course he will stay hot in MLS... and it will prove absolutely nothing. If Larin stays hot in Belgium and Cavallini in MLS... its a no brainer who the better striker is. Its an unpopular opinion, but Currently Larin is the striker on better form, scoring in a more competitive league, and younger, and with Cavallini going to MLS, it will just solidify Larin's spot as a CMNT starter.

I believe in Larin, and prefer Cav stay in LigaMX or go to Europe, but some people around here talk like going to the MLS is a death sentence :lol:

Also, are we forgetting or completely discounting Cav's performances for the National Team? 8 goals in his last 7 games for Canada. Doesn't sound like numbers that get you dropped.

7 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

I believe in Larin, and prefer Cav stay in LigaMX or go to Europe, but some people around here talk like going to the MLS is a death sentence 

MDS was fined by MLS for saying that the "league was like a prison"

You'll excuse my lack of enthusiasm for this

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

It's certainly not a league that promotes player freedom. In comparison to other American leagues it's not out of line but compared to basically every other football league in the world the rules are absolutely ridiculous

Well this is definitely disappointing as he will spend his prime career years in MLS instead of a more competitive league.  

Unfortunately after a hot start in Mexico, Cavallini could not stay consistent enough to attract a contract from the top clubs in Mexico, nevermind Europe. If MLS is going to show him the most money then so be it and good luck to him.  

Has had like 4 coaches since he’s joined, poor recruitment, poor game plans. If he goes to Vancouver he will feel at home as they are also a poor team, with a lack of investment (even though the money is there)

Well I guess the Canadian national team has come along way no? It was not long ago where this national team still had a few players playing for that popular club Unattached FC, now people on here are complaining that a player is going to the MLS lol. People keep forgetting that national teams like the US and Costa Rica have advanced past their group stage and both countries have won World Cup knock out rounds with more than a few MLS players on their rosters and starting lineups, beating top 10 world ranked national teams at that. Moreover, the MLS caliber has improved since the US and Costa Rica had good runs at World Cups with many MLS players on their rosters , so not concerned at all with having more Canadians in the MLS like a Cavallini . Let’s concern ourselves with this suspect coach that we have at the moment who is lucky right now to have some of the best Canadian talent Canada has ever had in front of him let’s hope he really knows what he is doing.

Edited by SoccMan

4 hours ago, Ansem said:

He was technically fined for saying the league is "amateurish" for having such a long off season. He said the prison thing also which I'm sure contributed 

4 hours ago, jordan said:

I don’t care if he goes to MLS, I think Vancouver is a waste.

Why he's going to the most storied team in North America. The best city to live in in North America and the team which gives the most opportunities to Canadian players. Seems like the best place for him

54 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Why he's going to the most storied team in North America. The best city to live in in North America and the team which gives the most opportunities to Canadian players. Seems like the best place for him

They have your season ticket money