Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

5 hours ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

To mimic Spurs I would love to see him in Vancouver being that he’s a Canadian International and we need a striker like Lucas who can finish.... Sporting KC leaves me puzzled though as it’s a decent step down to a medium American MLS market

Perhaps they are offering more money? 

• 2 weeks later...

of course he will stay hot in MLS... and it will prove absolutely nothing. If Larin stays hot in Belgium and Cavallini in MLS... its a no brainer who the better striker is. Its an unpopular opinion, but Currently Larin is the striker on better form, scoring in a more competitive league, and younger, and with Cavallini going to MLS, it will just solidify Larin's spot as a CMNT starter.

2 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

of course he will stay hot in MLS... and it will prove absolutely nothing. If Larin stays hot in Belgium and Cavallini in MLS... its a no brainer who the better striker is. Its an unpopular opinion, but Currently Larin is the striker on better form, scoring in a more competitive league, and younger, and with Cavallini going to MLS, it will just solidify Larin's spot as a CMNT starter.

I believe in Larin, and prefer Cav stay in LigaMX or go to Europe, but some people around here talk like going to the MLS is a death sentence :lol:

Also, are we forgetting or completely discounting Cav's performances for the National Team? 8 goals in his last 7 games for Canada. Doesn't sound like numbers that get you dropped.

7 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

I believe in Larin, and prefer Cav stay in LigaMX or go to Europe, but some people around here talk like going to the MLS is a death sentence 

MDS was fined by MLS for saying that the "league was like a prison"

You'll excuse my lack of enthusiasm for this

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

MDS was fined by MLS for saying that the "league was like a prison"

You'll excuse my lack of enthusiasm for this

It's certainly not a league that promotes player freedom. In comparison to other American leagues it's not out of line but compared to basically every other football league in the world the rules are absolutely ridiculous

Well this is definitely disappointing as he will spend his prime career years in MLS instead of a more competitive league.  

Unfortunately after a hot start in Mexico, Cavallini could not stay consistent enough to attract a contract from the top clubs in Mexico, nevermind Europe. If MLS is going to show him the most money then so be it and good luck to him.