Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

Reports around MLS have rumoured interest from Seattle and Sport Kansas City in Lucas. Would love to see him stay in Mexico, Seattle would be a pretty decent destination for him as well. Not gonna lie seeing him in Seattle would hurt a bit being a Whitecaps fan 🤧

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

16 minutes ago, Reign said:

Seattle would be ideal if he does come to MLS. Not to far for me I catch games now and again. He would be dominant in the mls. 

With Morris and Ruidiaz it seems an odd destination but I agree that he would be dominant.  Still think there are a handful of better destinations for him - #1 is obviously Toronto.  The sooner they can offload Jozy Alwaysore the better. 

2 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

With Morris and Ruidiaz it seems an odd destination but I agree that he would be dominant.  Still think there are a handful of better destinations for him - #1 is obviously Toronto.  The sooner they can offload Jozy Alwaysore the better. 

I would also prefer him at Toronto if he was to make an MLS move, but I don't see him wanting an MLS move at this stage of his career, to be honest.

1 hour ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Reports around MLS have rumoured interest from Seattle and Sport Kansas City in Lucas. Would love to see him stay in Mexico, Seattle would be a pretty decent destination for him as well. Not gonna lie seeing him in Seattle would hurt a bit being a Whitecaps fan 🤧

Good thing that he had said that he'd only consider MLS if it was TFC. I think MLS becomes an option if he's out of Mexico & European doors closes

6 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Good thing that he had said that he'd only consider MLS if it was TFC. I think MLS becomes an option if he's out of Mexico & European doors closes

Agree, part of it, is also playing in his home city where his family,parents( kids grandparents) also live. He'd also become a fairly household name in TFC, would prolly be able to pad the pocket book some more with some other local/Canadian sponsorships. ( I don't know if MLS has restrictions or not or on that thing). 

The fact TFC went on this run, including playoffs really does make you feel TFC might try and off load Altidore this off season. Provided they can find a replacement and IMO Cav is an upgrade :).

Edited by apbsmith
Grandparents

Just because Altidore and Cavallini are big bodies doesn't mean they can't play together as a pair.

They would have to work out the numbers, but if Cavallini could replace Mullins that would be an incredible upgrade.

With all due respect to Mullins, he is the epidomy of a backup, and considering Jozy's propensity to get injured, I think TFC would do well to get a better CF alternative, unless they want to keep playing Pozuelo as a false 9. It has taken them all the way to another MLS cup final, so it has been working...

Cavallini would take a lot of pressure off Jozy, but would also make Jozy work for the starting position. That said, I see Cavallini wanting more of a guarantee of playing time if he is going to MLS, so hard to see Toronto for the time being.

He should go to Europe of a few seasons, earn some nice paychecks and see how high he can climb up the ladder while he is still in his prime. Then come in as Jozy's replacement at the age of 29/30/31 ish and play out his career at home.

34 minutes ago, Ansem said:

I agree. 

He has performed well in Liga MX, unless they throw a boatload of money at him to come to MLS he should keep pushing himself to the highest level possible.  That is what is best for his career and the national team. 

My preference would definitely be for him to keep seeking increasingly competitive environments.  He still seems like a player that can push higher. 

Having said that, landing in MLS for a Canadian team that pays him well would be a decent outcome for him and for fans who want to watch him regularly.  The fact is that MLS is now strong enough that being a solid player there provides enough of a platform to succeed in international footy - at least within CONCACAF.   

Edited by dyslexic nam
I can't believe how many times I seem to now screw up there and their. Getting old...

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

Seattle would be an alright move, but I would prefer to him to move within Liga MX or possibly go to Europe if there is interest overseas. I can imagine him in Portugal. Maybe he wouldn't be of interest to Benfica or Porto, but could he be useful to a Sporting Braga or Lisbon?

As a Porto fan, coming to Porto would be freaking great. Our strikers are not performing at all.

7 hours ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

On the upside everything hurts being a Whitecaps fan the last few years, so ar least its not new!

12 hours ago, Acid-Tone said:

That's a good idea!   

Maybe he can promise Vanney that he'll apply for US citizenship in order to make it happen!

can't tell if the "TFC prefers Americans over Canadians" call is an ironic throw back or you honestly still believe that.

23 hours ago, apbsmith said:

Agree, part of it, is also playing in his home city where his family,parents( kids grandparents) also live. He'd also become a fairly household name in TFC, would prolly be able to pad the pocket book some more with some other local/Canadian sponsorships. ( I don't know if MLS has restrictions or not or on that thing). 

The fact TFC went on this run, including playoffs really does make you feel TFC might try and off load Altidore this off season. Provided they can find a replacement and IMO Cav is an upgrade :).

Maybe someone should remind TFC that CDN are domestic too.  If they go that way and unload Altidore, replacing him with a similar but younger/cheaper domestic would seem like a smart plan.  Keep the INT slots open for back ups like Endoh or Bakero.  

• 2 weeks later...

apparently close to signing with Sporting KC: https://www.tudn.mx/liga-mx/el-choque-ante-necaxa-puede-ser-el-ultimo-de-cavallini-con-puebla

On the future of the player, although there are interest in their services some clubs of the Liga MX , everything indicates that an MLS team , Sporting Kansas City , are the ones who stay with the player, so this Friday may be the last Cavallini clash with the Puebla shirt.

Edited by saladroit