section114row20

Lucas Cavallini

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I cited the Liga MX average. Do you think a striker scoring in Liga MX, even on a mid-table team, is on average salary?

The real difference is that Cavallini (or via his club) has real offers, confirmed over a long period of time, openly public, with the team names known. So he is clearly on an upward curve he can take advantage of

Osorio does not have a single confirmed offer, just rumours, all unsubstantiated. Many overblown and exagerrated last season by TFC fans (I think probably by his agents).

For Osorio to sign a renovation of contract at TFC and continue there makes sense. For CAvallini to move on to a bigger team, makes sense for him, but they are totally different situations.

I think the offer to play in Colombia was real, but that was on loan and after he signed the TAM deal, I believe.

12 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I cited the Liga MX average. Do you think a striker scoring in Liga MX, even on a mid-table team, is on average salary?

The real difference is that Cavallini (or via his club) has real offers, confirmed over a long period of time, openly public, with the team names known. So he is clearly on an upward curve he can take advantage of

Osorio does not have a single confirmed offer, just rumours, all unsubstantiated. Many overblown and exagerrated last season by TFC fans (I think probably by his agents).

For Osorio to sign a renovation of contract at TFC and continue there makes sense. For CAvallini to move on to a bigger team, makes sense for him, but they are totally different situations.

My intention wasn't to compare the two players or their situations, but to show that MLS clubs (even those without open DP spots) can easily give Cavallini a huge raise if your estimates are even close to what he's currently making.

Regardless, what Cavallini is earning at Puebla isn't dictated by his current form as he signed the contract prior to joining the team. Unless Puebla renegotiated after he started lighting up the league, which is possible but I don't recall that being reported anywhere.

And, as @Obinna pointed out, OZ publicly pursued Osorio so there was at least one confirmed offer that had nothing to do with fans exaggerating anything.

45 minutes ago, RS said:

My intention wasn't to compare the two players or their situations, but to show that MLS clubs (even those without open DP spots) can easily give Cavallini a huge raise if your estimates are even close to what he's currently making.

Regardless, what Cavallini is earning at Puebla isn't dictated by his current form as he signed the contract prior to joining the team. Unless Puebla renegotiated after he started lighting up the league, which is possible but I don't recall that being reported anywhere.

And, as @Obinna pointed out, OZ publicly pursued Osorio so there was at least one confirmed offer that had nothing to do with fans exaggerating anything.

Yes, he was on loan but he signed a new four year agreement with Puebla in June of this year. Don't know any details.

Feels like it’s going to be a big Gold Cup for some of our boys. Bunch of guys in their primes/entering their primes and all at reasonable clubs in good leagues. 

If someone like Cavallini has a big Gold Cup, the sky’s the limit (ie. La Liga)

4 hours ago, cronaldo7 said:

Feels like it’s going to be a big Gold Cup for some of our boys. Bunch of guys in their primes/entering their primes and all at reasonable clubs in good leagues. 

Exactly what happened after the 2017 GC...when a number of our players moved up to a higher level and bigger clubs...Borjan, Cav, MAK and I am sure it helped Davies' eventual move to Bayern as well.

6 hours ago, cronaldo7 said:

Not to be a downer but most of our guys are not entering their prime yet and makes for an exciting side that can out perform but as easily flame out in the group stage. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. We are a very young side with a lot of potential but quarter final is really an expected level with this group which would be a good launching pad for 2022

5 hours ago, An Observer said:

Not to be a downer but most of our guys are not entering their prime yet and makes for an exciting side that can out perform but as easily flame out in the group stage. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. We are a very young side with a lot of potential but quarter final is really an expected level with this group which would be a good launching pad for 2022

Very true, as discussed in the other thread, I think we see a very heavy veteran lineup in match 1 to ensure a Win.

1st priority - 3 points game 1

Posted (edited)

Atlas could use his help but a sideways move at best.  Biggest positive would be moving to Guadalajara and playing in a bigger stadium with a bigger crowd.

Edited by Corazon

6 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Atlas could use his help but a sideways move at best.

You're right, if Atlas was historically more important, nowadays the level is similar.

As I would also imagine budgets are similar too, I wonder how Atlas justify moving for him and, logically, paying him more.

2 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

I’ve heard rumours of Cruz Azul and Monterrey, but not Atlas. Seems like he’s a wanted man in Liga MX

He’s been linked at the end of each season somewhere else. Likely to happen eventually

40 minutes ago, jordan said:

He’s been linked at the end of each season somewhere else. Likely to happen eventually

I was referring to rumours I’ve heard in the last few weeks. 

One thing is for sure he's getting sold this summer, the director of sporting in Puebla confirmed that the negotiations are well underway and that he will reinforce other positions with the sale. 

Would love to see him with Cruz Azul, having Eustaquio there already; although Monterrey, Tijuana wouldn't be bad options either. There is even interest north of the border - Now to Cavallini's stand on MLS - he said there's only one club he would play for: TFC

There's been numbers thrown around about how much Puebla is looking to get for him. This article says they're looking for around 6 million. I have no idea if this is a credible source or not, but would that not put him among the top transfer fees for a Canadian?

https://www.futboltotal.com.mx/futbol-mexicano/liga-mx/cuanto-piden-por-lucas-cavallini-de-puebla/2019/05

Posted (edited)

I saw Barcelona of Guayaquil in that article. I know they're a really big club but is it common for Mexican teams to sell successful players into other South American leagues that aren't Brazil or Argentina?

Edited by The Real Marc

1 hour ago, The Real Marc said:

I saw Barcelona of Guayaquil in that article. I know they're a really big club but is it common for Mexican teams to sell successful players into other South American leagues that aren't Brazil or Argentina?

He was based out of Uruguay for multiple teams, Nacional, Juventud, Fenix & Penarol and his family is Argentinean.  Maybe there is some familiarity from his history.

18 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

That same twitter handle is reporting that Hoilett is joining TFC on loan as well. 

I think its pure BS. Why would they announce a loan now when he cant even join the team until July?