Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

• 2 weeks later...

Floro was apparently a guest on Jorge Ramos & Banda and said this about Cavallini last week. I'm translating from French to English from something that was said in Spanish.

Floro said that Cavallini and Canada Soccer drifted away before and Floro wasn't able to change Cavallini's mind about it. 

Well if, sitting at the absolute crossroads of your career, seeing the lIkes of Larin and Junior as possible teammates and promoting yourself internationally doesn't get you excited while playing for your own figgin country in WCQ, I say forget about him. Permanently. I am not convinced he is any better than a Marcus Haber at the moment in any case and Haber would die for the red and white jersey. 

Well if, sitting at the absolute crossroads of your career, seeing the lIkes of Larin and Junior as possible teammates and promoting yourself internationally doesn't get you excited while playing for your own figgin country in WCQ, I say forget about him. Permanently. I am not convinced he is any better than a Marcus Haber at the moment in any case and Haber would die for the red and white jersey. 

I agree. He is at a similar level to Haber and shows no respect to Canada. I see what he has done to CanMNT much worse than what Hoilett ever did. That said, if he played again for CanMNT and played hard and was happy to be part of the team, I would be right behind him.

Guys - there no chance this Uruguay star will come back to play for us. Just look at his film, the overall quality of football, club infrastructure, and quality of life as a star in his domestic league..far superior than the likes of our players; Edgar, Junior, Hutch, Will, etc. etc. and former players...Radz, Pauly S, DeRo, etc. Plus what will he tell his daughter when he's playing for Canada instead of in a WC with is Uruguayan mates.

All jokes aside - this kid seems like a complete bird. Although most of the info we review is second/third hand via a google translator. I have no doubt Floro and Co. will not be wasting time or losing sleep LC.

The kid has said some stupid things but who here didn't also say stupid things in their early 20's? The difference is nobody cared to put a mic in front of us or write it down. 

If the kid got his head screwed back on right and wants to return I won't hold it against him. 

Guys - there no chance this Uruguay star will come back to play for us. Just look at his film, the overall quality of football, club infrastructure, and quality of life as a star in his domestic league..far superior than the likes of our players; Edgar, Junior, Hutch, Will, etc. etc. and former players...Radz, Pauly S, DeRo, etc. Plus what will he tell his daughter when he's playing for Canada instead of in a WC with is Uruguayan mates.

All jokes aside - this kid seems like a complete bird. Although most of the info we review is second/third hand via a google translator. I have no doubt Floro and Co. will not be wasting time or losing sleep LC.

Gladly eating my words posted only a few hours before the roster was released. Welcome back, your daughter will be proud lol! 

BUT WHAT ABOUT HIS DAUGHTER!!!!

All kidding aside. If Teibert and Cavillani can bury the hatchet with Floro, Osorio should be able to do so as well. Whatever the issue is, Oso apologize and make amends to get called back up. Floro has been shown to forgive.

Glad Lucas accepted the call.  I'm hoping thr Whitecaps brass talk to him first though as the Caps have more if not just as much clout as Floro to get players transferred to Spain and robbo can convince Lucas to play woth the MLS squad a couple of seasons and we'll pay you extremely well.   I think Cavallini could become a star in MLS if his Spain aspirations don't pan out.  Excited to see a great attacking line-up now for Canada.

Just about the level of Uruguay league: it has come down a bit in comparison to other SA leagues, and it is dominated by the big 2, but I read someone say the defending was bad. Not true. Or that the competitive level was not high. Also false. That Cavallini is playing at the level of Haber. No, he is playing on a higher level, no doubt. 

As for a Spain transfer, since his teammate Maxi was on loan to Tenerife, I just assume that Lucas has possibilities in Spanish 2nd division. Not first. Okay, he's young so he might be a good pick up, but I don't think he would be 1st div level coming from Fenix, the SAs coming into top flight are proven mostly, with the exception of the huge future stars who are still young. 

If Lucas ends up at any side with a history in top flight now in 2nd, with money to improve his pay significantly, then great. Mallorca, Zaragoza, Tenerife, or Floro's beloved Albacete....

I'd take him over Haber any day. I'd take anyone over Haber.

Amen. I'm sorry I have seen nothing redeeming about him at all. He is a bit more physical than most others in our pool but doesn't hold up the play well, isn't accurate in the air and offers very little in front of goal. 

Very excited by Luca coming back. Absolute class apart (from what I have seen of both). 

Some quite exciting attacking options for us now with Larin and Luca up top, Ricketts, Akindele, Hoilett, Aird, Froese emerging and the likes of Bokakai and Bustos coming through. Hopefully Hamilton, Clarke and while it is late Jackson can get back on track to push that group. 

I'm just as optimistic for the competition these new additions will create as I am to see what Cavallini, Hoilet, Aird, can add to Canada's attack. Not convinced that these guys will be any better than what we have currently but they will push everyone else to be better and I'm excited to see what effect this will have on the squad. 

Lucas is a huge addition, flat out. Unlike alot of others here i think the Uruguayan league is actually pretty decent and i anticipate he will go on to have a good career in Europe. I also expect him to continue to score some goals for us like he did at the U20 and U23 levels.

Lucas is a huge addition, flat out. Unlike alot of others here i think the Uruguayan league is actually pretty decent and i anticipate he will go on to have a good career in Europe. I also expect him to continue to score some goals for us like he did at the U20 and U23 levels.

I agree. The quality of Uruguay's domestic league is surprisingly quite high. MLS would kill to be a league that is of comparable play.

Edited by Macksam