Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

On 3/13/2023 at 11:44 AM, VinceA said:

This is why I never really wrote off Cavallini when he was in Vancouver. The Whitecaps just feel like a talent wasteland.

2 goals in 723 mins for Tijuana. Seems like the Whitecaps were absolutely right to walk away from a 30 year old DP who never put up DP numbers, and had more cards than goals.

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2023 at 9:08 AM, narduch said:

I noticed the Liga MX Apertura just started. 

Is Cavallini still on Tijuana?

As I mentioned in the Kennedy thread, he might be an FC Unattached guy right now and is hoping to translate some positives out of this tourney into suitors.  I think if he was now on a new contract with a new club, I really doubt he'd be here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don’t know - that isn’t a red in my world.  Yeah his elbow touched his face but (at least in slow no) it wasn’t forceful, it wasn’t intentional, and it really wasn’t a big deal.  Yellow if you feel the need, but a red?  Nah. 

And I am a guy who historically has been quite willing to rip on Cava for boneheaded cards and lack of discipline.  

On 8/23/2023 at 12:32 PM, DeRo_Is_King said:

I think it's unlikely this will impact his playing time following suspension, but you never know. If so, that would be unfortunate. Something to monitor. Extremely weak call. 

If the manager just thinks its a bad call, I can't see it impacting his playing time. If the manager thinks its a bad call made because of his reputation, that's a problem.

On 8/23/2023 at 6:39 PM, RS said:

It was a call based on Cavallini’s reputation.

Partially, but I'd argue it has more or as much to do with a big club, Chivas, being favoured. Against a lesser side. As tends to happen in all leagues, even with VAR . Much easier to "solve" a match that way in favour of the powerhouse.

A reverse elbow is never going to be a red in Mexico against Chivas, Cruz Azul, Pumas or Club America, the big four.

8 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Partially, but I'd argue it has more or as much to do with a big club, Chivas, being favoured. Against a lesser side. As tends to happen in all leagues, even with VAR . Much easier to "solve" a match that way in favour of the powerhouse.

A reverse elbow is never going to be a red in Mexico against Chivas, Cruz Azul, Pumas or Club America, the big four.

Just as an aside.....are Pumas really in that top echelon? I don't follow Mexican soccer that closely, but UNAL Tigres and Monterrey strike me as being far more likely to get this "star treatment" before Pumas.

I think both of those northern clubs have found success more recently compared to Pumas, and maybe Pumas have more historic success, but as a casual onlooker it does seem that both are "bigger" nowadays.

Thoughts?

43 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Just as an aside.....are Pumas really in that top echelon? I don't follow Mexican soccer that closely, but UNAL Tigres and Monterrey strike me as being far more likely to get this "star treatment" before Pumas.

I think both of those northern clubs have found success more recently compared to Pumas, and maybe Pumas have more historic success, but as a casual onlooker it does seem that both are "bigger" nowadays.

Thoughts?

I just repeat what they say, the big four. I have no idea really.