Bryan Cristante

Sam

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got his first action for Palermo as a last minute substitute in their 1-0 road win over Verona on Sunday.

The craziness in the coaching department continued. Ballardini apparently did not talk to his players the entire game. He has now been let go and Zamparini is talking to lawyers to see how he can get out of paying him. The replacement, and Palermo's third manager of the season, is former Columbus Crew player Guillermo Barros Schelotto.

On 1/17/2016 at 5:49 AM, Fussball_eh said:

Where you able to watch it? Was too early for me to get up for :P

I recorded the game and finally got around to watching it. Schelotto watched the game from the stands while an assistant took control of the team. Palermo played a 3-5-2 with Cristante as the central, deep lying, ball distributing, midfielder. I have to say he was very poor. I don't want to make any definitive judgement based on 70 minutes during the first start with a new club, but his control was poor, he misplaced passes, he was too slow on the ball, and he allowed a man to run right by him on Genoa's first goal. He was substituted on 70 minutes, shortly after Palermo went down to 10 men. At the time, the scoreline was still only 1-0.

I will be curious to see how Schelotto uses him going forward after that performance.

I am not fluent in Italian but it seems to me that he said something rather odd the other day:

He has just returned to Italy, just got his chance as a starter after being stuck on a bench with Benfica and yesterday he says:

Intervistato dal ‘Messaggero Veneto‘, il playmaker del Palermo, Bryan Cristante, non ha celato i propri auspici per il futuro. “L’Udinese nel mio destino? Non mi ci vedo, ora. Il mio interesse è tornare a giocare all’estero, da dove sono venuto visto che sino a pochi giorni fa ero un calciatore del Benfica – spiega il classe ’95 -. Questa è la mia priorità, il mio obiettivo da giocatore”.
http://www.mediagol.it/palermo/bryan-cristante-andare-alludinese-no-il-mio-obiettivo-e-uno-solo-giocare-allestero/

He wants to go back abroad?!? Is that what he said? That can only be good news for us! :cool:

On 1/23/2016 at 2:48 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I am not fluent in Italian but it seems to me that he said something rather odd the other day:

He has just returned to Italy, just got his chance as a starter after being stuck on a bench with Benfica and yesterday he says:

Intervistato dal ‘Messaggero Veneto‘, il playmaker del Palermo, Bryan Cristante, non ha celato i propri auspici per il futuro. “L’Udinese nel mio destino? Non mi ci vedo, ora. Il mio interesse è tornare a giocare all’estero, da dove sono venuto visto che sino a pochi giorni fa ero un calciatore del Benfica – spiega il classe ’95 -. Questa è la mia priorità, il mio obiettivo da giocatore”.
http://www.mediagol.it/palermo/bryan-cristante-andare-alludinese-no-il-mio-obiettivo-e-uno-solo-giocare-allestero/

He wants to go back abroad?!? Is that what he said? That can only be good news for us! :cool:

Yes, that's what he said. Agree that is a strange thing to say. Not sure what his motivation would be to say something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2016 at 3:58 PM, masster said:

...The Italian National team does not often look at players playing outside of the country...his chances of a call up are much higher at Palermo...

The news has been around for a couple weeks but he has received a call for the Italy U-21's for their friendly vs Italy B on Wednesday February 10th. I have a feeling that if he had been in Portugal, he would not have gotten the call.

http://www.mediagol.it/palermo/italia-u-21-di-biagio-convoca-bryan-cristante-per-amichevole-saltera-parte-della-preparazione-in-vista-del-torino/

16 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The news has been around for a couple weeks but he has received a call for the Italy U-21's for their friendly vs Italy B on Wednesday February 10th. I have a feeling that if he had been in Portugal, he would not have gotten the call.

http://www.mediagol.it/palermo/italia-u-21-di-biagio-convoca-bryan-cristante-per-amichevole-saltera-parte-della-preparazione-in-vista-del-torino/

This is unfortunate, and a bit surprising given his limited minutes ... thought Italy would have other, better, options.

23 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

In theory, would he still be eligible for #CanMNT via one-time switch?

Archived