Jump to content

Bryan Cristante


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 3 weeks later...

Cristante started the home match for Atalanta against Milan on Saturday. This was a battle of 5th versus 6th in the table and had serious implications on European positions for next season. This was also a special match for Cristante as he was playing against his old club. The Italian national team technical staff was in attendance as both Ventura and Di Biagio were at the game

He played in a much higher central midfield position, almost as a withdrawn striker. He didn't have many touches in the first half but there was one fantastic pass over the top to set up Atalanta's best chance. He was more involved in the second half. He subbed out in the 84th with Atalanta leading 1-0. Milan tied the match 3 minutes later and it ended in a 1-1 draw. The result guarantees that Atalanta will be playing European football next season for the first time in more than 25 years. 1 point in their final 2 matches will ensure that Atalanta finishes ahead of Milan in 5th place, which will match their highest ever Serie A finish.

There were celebrations throughout Bergamo after the match:
https://twitter.com/Atalanta_BC/status/863523345018630146/video/1

Overall, this was one of the better games I have seen Cristante play. He got a good 6.5 rating from Eurosport, La Repubblica, Calciomercato, and Sky.

On a side note, Atalanta's stadium does not meet Uefa standards, so they will have to play their European games in another city. Just this week, the club bought their stadium from the city council with the goal of making improvements and increasing revenue, but those will not be done for next season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The clubs for the midfielders on Italy's most recent callup: 

Inter, Inter, PSG, Roma, Lazio.

 

Italy MFs called recently but not to that game include players for (from Wiki):

Juve, Juve, AC, AC, Roma, Napoli, Napoli, PSG 

 

Young Italy MFs on those lists play at:

Inter, PSG, Juve, Roma, Napoli, Fiorentina, Torino

 

Plus the guys ahead of him on the U23/U21 team. Only one of those guys is included above.. 

 

So I wouldn't get too worried. 

Edited by One American
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, masster said:

You realize that Atalanta finished ahead of Inter, Fiorentina, Milan and Torino in the table, right?

You're a follower of Italian football so i'm curious whether you think Atalanta has a chance of finishing in the top half again next season, especially if they play in Europe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

You're a follower of Italian football so i'm curious whether you think Atalanta has a chance of finishing in the top half again next season, especially if they play in Europe.

It's always hard to replicate a performance like that for a weaker team. The Europa League won't help either. Sassuolo and Sampdoria did it the last 2 years and have finished in the bottom half of the table a year after.

Although, 3 years ago, Torino qualified for the Europa League and finished 9th the following season

Link to post
Share on other sites

I searched "Bryan Christante Canada" on google news and saw and Italian article from 3 days ago...I tried to click on it but it redirected me to the English homepage. I did the same search again and found the cached version and used the google translate:

 

This could be important!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:YTvX5jlQIP0J:www.goal.com/it/notizie/cristante-visionato-dal-ct-del-canada-ha-la-doppia/123xmc1xy1lzw1k5znuvnmc54n+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Cristante viewed by the coach of Canada has dual nationality

Drafting Goal Italian
 
05/13/17 Share Close Comments
 
Getty Images
 
During the match between Atalanta and AC Milan, the stadium appeared Octavio Zambrano, coach of Canada. The goal is Bryan Cristante.

After a few dull seasons, between Benfica and Pescara, Bryan Cristante is back on the old levels under the wise management of Gian Piero Gasperini. The Italian midfielder has benefited from the favorable moment of ' Atalanta and fits cleanly on the chessboard Bergamo. 

Besides the three goals he scored from January onwards, a clear sign of the growth of Cristante is the fact that during the game against Milan, between the stands of the stadium Atleti Azzurri of Italy, is  Octavio Zambrano , coach of Canada .

"But it's not Italian?" - you may think you - Yes, but not completely. That is, Cristante was born in Italy in San Vito al Tagliamento but the father is Canadian, so the Atalanta player has dual nationality.

He did the whole chain of youth national teams with the national team but had not yet made his debut with the greater, it is also convocabile with Canada. As long as he wants. Meanwhile Zambrano flew to Bergamo just to watch him and talk to him. I wonder if Cristante accept the proposal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bwilly11 said:

I searched "Bryan Christante Canada" on google news and saw and Italian article from 3 days ago...I tried to click on it but it redirected me to the English homepage. I did the same search again and found the cached version and used the google translate:

 

This could be important!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:YTvX5jlQIP0J:www.goal.com/it/notizie/cristante-visionato-dal-ct-del-canada-ha-la-doppia/123xmc1xy1lzw1k5znuvnmc54n+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Cristante viewed by the coach of Canada has dual nationality

Drafting Goal Italian
 
05/13/17 Share Close Comments
 
Getty Images
 
During the match between Atalanta and AC Milan, the stadium appeared Octavio Zambrano, coach of Canada. The goal is Bryan Cristante.

After a few dull seasons, between Benfica and Pescara, Bryan Cristante is back on the old levels under the wise management of Gian Piero Gasperini. The Italian midfielder has benefited from the favorable moment of ' Atalanta and fits cleanly on the chessboard Bergamo. 

Besides the three goals he scored from January onwards, a clear sign of the growth of Cristante is the fact that during the game against Milan, between the stands of the stadium Atleti Azzurri of Italy, is  Octavio Zambrano , coach of Canada .

"But it's not Italian?" - you may think you - Yes, but not completely. That is, Cristante was born in Italy in San Vito al Tagliamento but the father is Canadian, so the Atalanta player has dual nationality.

He did the whole chain of youth national teams with the national team but had not yet made his debut with the greater, it is also convocabile with Canada. As long as he wants. Meanwhile Zambrano flew to Bergamo just to watch him and talk to him. I wonder if Cristante accept the proposal.

Great find! He'd be a massive addition, particularly with Hutchinson's status unknown.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jpg75 said:

You're a follower of Italian football so i'm curious whether you think Atalanta has a chance of finishing in the top half again next season, especially if they play in Europe.

It really depends on how many of their top players they lose.

Gagliardini already went to Inter in January. News today has Kessie going to Milan. Caldara was sold to Juventus but will stay at Atalanta on loan. Papu Gomez has said he will stay unless he receives a crazy offer. There is interest in Andrea Conti. Atalanta will have some money to spend too. I'm sure they will want to keep as much of the team together as possible.

They should have enough young talent left to have a shot at the top 10. There are 7 teams that should be superior (Juventus, Napoli, Roma, Inter, Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina). The middle tier is Torino, Sampdoria, Sassuolo. Depending what they look like at the end of the transfer market, they could be in that group.

Edit: It may be a taller task then I thought. I didn't realize how many of the Atalanta players are just on loan. They are bringing in Andreas Cornelius from FC Copenhagen, and as I mentioned, they have more money to spend. But we'll have to see what the squad looks like in August before having a real sense of what their chances are next season. 

Edited by masster
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Addona said:

Wait, what?  Isn't he already 22 years old???

 

Its called U21 but that is the age you have to be when the cycle starts. Anybody born on or after January 1st 1994 is eligible for the UEFA U21 Championships taking place in Poland in June. Cristante was born in 1995. So he is a possibility for that team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bwilly11 said:

I searched "Bryan Christante Canada" on google news and saw and Italian article from 3 days ago...I tried to click on it but it redirected me to the English homepage. I did the same search again and found the cached version and used the google translate:

 

This could be important!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:YTvX5jlQIP0J:www.goal.com/it/notizie/cristante-visionato-dal-ct-del-canada-ha-la-doppia/123xmc1xy1lzw1k5znuvnmc54n+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Cristante viewed by the coach of Canada has dual nationality

Drafting Goal Italian
 
05/13/17 Share Close Comments
 
Getty Images
 
During the match between Atalanta and AC Milan, the stadium appeared Octavio Zambrano, coach of Canada. The goal is Bryan Cristante.

After a few dull seasons, between Benfica and Pescara, Bryan Cristante is back on the old levels under the wise management of Gian Piero Gasperini. The Italian midfielder has benefited from the favorable moment of ' Atalanta and fits cleanly on the chessboard Bergamo. 

Besides the three goals he scored from January onwards, a clear sign of the growth of Cristante is the fact that during the game against Milan, between the stands of the stadium Atleti Azzurri of Italy, is  Octavio Zambrano , coach of Canada .

"But it's not Italian?" - you may think you - Yes, but not completely. That is, Cristante was born in Italy in San Vito al Tagliamento but the father is Canadian, so the Atalanta player has dual nationality.

He did the whole chain of youth national teams with the national team but had not yet made his debut with the greater, it is also convocabile with Canada. As long as he wants. Meanwhile Zambrano flew to Bergamo just to watch him and talk to him. I wonder if Cristante accept the proposal.

Wow, Well done! Posts like this are what make this board so exciting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The difference to this recruiting process from years past is that we now actually have a guarantee of a World Cup in our hand.  It's no longer "hey, join us and maybe we can qualify" but "hey, we are hosting the 2026 World Cup.. now would be a good time to get on board".

Cristante is ambitious at this point seeing as he still has time with Italy U21s but it's worth a shot.

Even guys like Cristian Gutierrez and Ferdi Kadioglu though both young would be worth a shot at this point.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2017 at 7:39 PM, Acid-Tone said:

Will now be loaned out to Atalanta.   (for 18 months, with an option to extend it another 12)

It seems like they will extend Cristante's loan into next year. So 18 months it is! http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/tmw-radio-riso-petagna-sara-tra-i-top-su-caldara-cristante-e-sensi-971834

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-17 at 10:07 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

It seems like they will extend Cristante's loan into next year. So 18 months it is! http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/tmw-radio-riso-petagna-sara-tra-i-top-su-caldara-cristante-e-sensi-971834

Good for him. Bad for this forum which is now gonna be watching how he does in the Europa League and paranoid Italy will call him (they likely won't but that won't stop people from being scared we've lost him)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...