Jordan Hamilton

Yohan

20 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

If I understand the transfer rules correctly he can't sign with a CPL team until 2022, he would have had to been a free agent prior to the close of the transfer window or an amateur player, re: the rash of PLSQ, L1O, academy signings recently by CPL teams.

I'm not an expert, and I don't know what PLSQ or L1O signings you are talking about, but I think those can happen outside of transfer windows because they aren't changing countries. If a PLSQ or L1O player wants to go to a CPL team outside the transfer window they can (although there might be a cut off date set by the league?) but they can't get an international transfer to say an American USL team. At least, that's how I understand it.

21 hours ago, Kent said:

I'm not an expert, and I don't know what PLSQ or L1O signings you are talking about, but I think those can happen outside of transfer windows because they aren't changing countries. If a PLSQ or L1O player wants to go to a CPL team outside the transfer window they can (although there might be a cut off date set by the league?) but they can't get an international transfer to say an American USL team. At least, that's how I understand it.

Yes, what I meant is that the recent rash of signings from these leagues is because the CPL can't get players from elsewhere and also the possibility that these leagues are considered "amateur" for transfer purposes and therefore not subject to the transfer window.  

Just recently ATO signed, Ba, Cornwall, Mercure.  HFX, Camara, Forge Marques, Cavalry, Apostol etc

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM