M. Haber gets ripped a new one for Xmas

nolando

Yeah, those guys and while we're at it, what's Jaime Peters doing nowadays?

Gaining weight? (Seriously, no offense to Jaime, but he hasn't played at a club for 18 months which is an eternity for a footballer, I'm trying to think that we won't hear a lot of news and seriously if you want to ask about Jaime, there's another place to ask that and it's in the MIA/Unattached FC.

To me those comments sound like the gaffer wants to get something out of Haber. It may be just a transfer fee but, regardless of motives, he wouldn't be wasting his breath if he didn't think Marcus had it in him.

Lets hope so ... But I dunno. Westley is a complete blow hard and it shows in his comment - it's not going to drum up transfer interest (they want rid of his upper-mid range salary) and the content of it actually makes no sense. If Haber is not scoring on a mid table team he sure isn't going to put up the goals against the same opposition but with worst of the division's players around him!

That being said I don't doubt that Haber should put as much effort on the pitch as he does into his sleeve.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Notts-County-boss-Shaun-Derry-refuses-rule-Marcus/story-20461751-detail/story.html

Notts County boss Shaun Derry refuses to rule out Marcus Haber return

By Nottingham Post | Posted: January 18, 2014

Comments (0)

SHAUN Derry has not shut the door on Marcus Haber returning to Notts County, after praising the striker's attitude during his loan spell.

The big Canadian was transfer-listed by Stevenage this week and is unlikely to face the Magpies today having made just five appearances for Boro this term.

The majority of his games came during a three-month loan spell at Notts which was cut short by a dubious red card in a 1-1 draw at Bradford in November.

Derry says he was impressed with Haber's character and refused to rule out the possibility of being reunited with the forward again.

"When I first came into the building he was already here as a loan player," he said.

"He did well. He was one who jumped onboard in what we were trying to achieve.

"But then you have to make decisions and for Marcus to go back was unfortunate under the circumstances that he did.

"In my eyes he was unfairly red carded at Bradford and that knocked him a little bit.

"He would have loved to have played until December 14 when his loan would have expired.

"But he went with a firm handshake and a well done.

"The door never shuts. We'll see him today and I will have a chat to him because he's a cracking lad.

"He was good for us and you never know what is around the corner.

"I'd be a fool to say that certain players will never play for Notts County again."

Haber (inset) scored two goals for Notts in 19 appearances for the club before returning to Broadhall Way in November.

He has played just twice for Stevenage since his return, having started in an FA Cup win over Doncaster and being given another place in Graham Westley's starting 11 in a 1-0 defeat to Oldham.

Meanwhile, Jack Grealish completed his return to Meadow Lane yesterday from Aston Villa.

He has signed a loan deal until the end of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds weird, but I read this. Then again, it comes from a footballer, so I don't know how to consider a) that Sercombe doesn't know that Haber is not anymore at St Johnstone or B) that Sercombe knows that Haber will move to St Johnstone in the coming days. Although no other sources link him to a return with the Saints and that the club hasn't announced that he has come back to Perth.

Let's see how that story unfolds.

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Liam-Sercombe-Solitary-point-scant-reward-decent/story-20520290-detail/story.html

"I’m thrilled for my former teammate and good pal James Dunne, who has just landed a move to Scottish Premier Division outfit St Johnstone, where he’ll be teaming up with Marcus Haber who, you may recall, had a spell on loan with us a few years ago."

It sounds weird, but I read this. Then again, it comes from a footballer, so I don't know how to consider a) that Sercombe doesn't know that Haber is not anymore at St Johnstone or B) that Sercombe knows that Haber will move to St Johnstone in the coming days. Although no other sources link him to a return with the Saints and that the club hasn't announced that he has come back to Perth.

Let's see how that story unfolds.

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Liam-Sercombe-Solitary-point-scant-reward-decent/story-20520290-detail/story.html

"I’m thrilled for my former teammate and good pal James Dunne, who has just landed a move to Scottish Premier Division outfit St Johnstone, where he’ll be teaming up with Marcus Haber who, you may recall, had a spell on loan with us a few years ago."

And the funny thing about Westley's comments re: Haber going to a club below them and not impressing? Look who is bottom of the table now. Oops.

Archived