January camp?

Yohan

Does anyone know if Canada plans to hold a January camp for MLS/Scandinavia based players? Like the Yanks do every Jan.

I think it'd be good for Floro to get looks into more Canadian players, and for Canadian players to get more time learning Floro's tactics.

Does anyone know if Canada plans to hold a January camp for MLS/Scandinavia based players? Like the Yanks do every Jan.

I think it'd be good for Floro to get looks into more Canadian players, and for Canadian players to get more time learning Floro's tactics.

I don't think anyone would disagree with this... question is money. Let's hope it happens.

I am sure they will be a camp in January. CSA has been really good planning camps and friendlies lately.

A January camp would be an ideal time to bring the North American based players into a camp to look at some prospects and to bring some of the MLS players together that Floro has not seen in person (Johnson, Bernier (if he is in the MNT plans at all). Florida makes sense for the camp but ideally I would like to see the team play at least two away friendlies in CONCACAF countries that have not qualified for the WC. Our route to qualifying runs through those teams and clearly our team is not comfortable playing away games, especially in Central America. Teams like Guatemala, Nicarauga, maybe Belize even. El Salvador would also be a candidate but I believe their MNT is currently disbanded due to their match fixing issues.

I said we can beat them, not that we will. We have to start somewhere and these teams are closer to our level and can provide good experience in away environments, while also providing opportunities for results.

here is a quick look at some of our players that would be available, ie have significant breaks in mid-January, not including some of the youth that could be made available:

Hirschfeld

Stamatopoulos

Monsalve

Thomas

Crepeau

Straith

Henry

Attakora

Morgan

Ouimette

Tissot

Jakovic