Hi from Interior BC

footballcoachnl

Hello Guys,

Greetings from Trail BC.. just recently joined the forum but I have been a reader of CSN for a couple of years now and I follow CANMNT every chance I have.. (if you dont believe me... check this: http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/showthread.php?43745-Article-Canadian-Converts-From-Tampico-Mexico-to-St-John-s-N-L)

I have volunteered in coaching for almost 4 years now and I am currently the TD of a small region in interior BC..

Would love to discuss LTPD and other topics in how to develop the game in Canada.. originally from Mexico but I call Newfoundland home.

Cheers!

Clemente

Hello Guys,

Greetings from Trail BC.. just recently joined the forum but I have been a reader of CSN for a couple of years now and I follow CANMNT every chance I have.. (if you dont believe me... check this: http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/showthread.php?43745-Article-Canadian-Converts-From-Tampico-Mexico-to-St-John-s-N-L)

I have volunteered in coaching for almost 4 years now and I am currently the TD of a small region in interior BC..

Would love to discuss LTPD and other topics in how to develop the game in Canada.. originally from Mexico but I call Newfoundland home.

Cheers!

Clemente

Welcome to the board and I have one question for you, Black Horse or Jockey Club?

Welcome to this forum Clemente. Your best bet for player development is to look at your own country Mexico.

I was just reading an article that criticized the youth development in Mexico (i.e. playing 11v11 at U10). I believe that soccer development in Mexico happens more as a consequence of the culture (kids playing soccer on the streets, fields for hours and or teams/leagues going on at all times for all ages) instead of a defined and structured development pathway.

IMO a combination of free play/cultural influence with the LTPD program is the best approach and it is the one I am trying to implement in my region

Archived