What nations would your kids be eligible for?

Canada and the Ottawa Valley (as soon as we separate).

*schticky juby ramblings alert*

does that include the Quebec side? Because if it doesn't I think the Upper Ottawa Valley will declare around Pikwakanagan and Pembroke (couldn't stop laughing when I read your post though).

From me it'd be only Canada but it occurs to me I could probably emigrate likity split to Mexico or Panama even ignoring, you know... skills, to get citizenship for any potential spawn of mine (don't worry though, you all have the monopoly on my brand of horse lunged-over confident-lacking talent-brand of football).

I'm finding it funny realizing I'm more connected and would be way better off almost anywhere in the New World then in the Old World even around people I share a bit of DNA but don't really look like... over there I might have to learn a whole new ****ing alphabet and/or be called a gypsy (and knowing me I'd correct them and say Roma only to be confirmed a gypsy...)

If it works out with my gf, Guyana too (awww).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm, if we're going this route, then I should add that my kids could also play for the Quebec national team, were it to ever be a thing.

Sorry about that.

I think this exercise has been interesting though. A couple things I've noticed:

1) There are more here than I thought that would be Canada only. That's interesting.

2) There are more than I thought that have the choice of 3+. I didn't think that would happen as often as it has.

None, because like Lord Bob, there's no way I'll get kids. (If not Canada and Haiti)

Your best Lord Bob troll post ever! LOL

For me it would only be Canada unless my birth country of Germany ever decides to modernize their archaic citizenship laws and give me citizenship.

Ahh citizenship. Reminds me of my father's messed up history. All of his family is born within about a 2 km radius, but his grand parents were born of Austria-Hungary, his parents were born in Italy (my grandparents) and he was born in Yugoslavia (though what is now Croatia). He's from the Istrian (istra) peninsula at the top of the Adriatic.

Through him I could get Italy and Croatia, and my mother is 4th or 5th generation Canadian.

So Canada, Italy and Croatia for me

Both my kids were born in Canada, but they would be eligible to play for Scotland, where I was born. Also, my wife's mother is English and her father was born in Northern Ireland, so that's another couple of countries they would be eligible for.

Canada, Italy and Portugal. My 9 year old is the star of his team and I get asked all the time what Country he would represent. My answer is always Canada eventhough I'm proud of my Italian Ancestry. The response is always "no - I mean Italy or Portugal?". Sad but True.

Archived