CANADA vs Mexico 11July2013 GoldCup (R) 8pm PST

canadianfoot

Bekker AND Piette starting? Truly the worst possible lineup.

Actually, retract that. At least Ricketts isn't in there.

"Hey, Kyle, I know you're not good enough to dress against Chivas USA, but I think you'll do great against Mexico. And moonfaced fat kid over there that I remember from last game who was too slow on every play: you're back in!"

Don't forget

You the guy that captains his team can you carry some water bottles, and you Costa Rican kid sort some towels out for the lads will ya

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bekker AND Piette starting? Truly the worst possible lineup.

Actually, retract that. At least Ricketts isn't in there.

"Hey, Kyle, I know you're not good enough to dress against Chivas USA, but I think you'll do great against Mexico. And moonfaced fat kid over there that I remember from last game who was too slow on every play: you're back in!"

Yeah how does Piette first of all not get subbed out in the last game and then gets started in this game on the basis of his performance in that game? Is Miller blind? Man I would start Ricketts at D-Mid instead of Piette after the last game, hell I would probably even select Lars as DM before Piette. And yet we have a perfectly good veteran DM on the bench in Pacheco. And Aleman is too young and inexperienced to play against Martinique.

This reminds me of the words of Tam Nsaliwa:

That awkward moment when you realize yeah, that former coach of yours really was smoking crack

Its funny at times I think I’ve been cursed with crazy coaches, then sometimes I think I must be the problem.

Then I read stories like this about a former National team coach of mine and I realize, no, Im not crazy… Some of these coaches really must be on crack!

Guest Future CanWNT

Is it possible Miller's just given up on the Gold Cup so he's playing all the young players to give them experience? That might explain Bekker, Piette, ect.

just spent first 15 mins of the game on the phone with my 75 yr old dad, trying to talk him thru getting an online stream of the game and dealing with all the bull**** popup ads and crap ... finally got it, but --- fukk you very much sportsnet

Archived