CANADA vs Mexico 11July2013 GoldCup (R) 8pm PST

canadianfoot

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe how under utilized Pacheco, nakajima, and Osorio are.

On another note, Miller mentioned post game that we have players with various levels of fitness due to being in or out if season. No wonder then that a lack of concentration led to that game winner at the death. When we can, we should be playing guys who are, well, playing!

for all the optimists out there. I believe the last time we....

-Played at CenturyLink (Qwest field) in Seattle was the game that will forever tease scores of Canada supporters. In what was surely the best game I've ever seen Canada play we lost a heartbreaker 3-2 to Brazil.

-Played Mexico, was a very scrappy hard fought 2-2 draw with a B team in Edmonton during 2010 WCQ. This was likely the second best game I've ever seen Canada play.

The stars are aligned...

On another note, Miller mentioned post game that we have players with various levels of fitness due to being in or out if season. No wonder then that a lack of concentration led to that game winner at the death. When we can, we should be playing guys who are, well, playing!

Agree about Pacheco and Nakajima. As for Osorio, he has only been in a MNT camp exactly once and got on the pitch in his first game. He can hardly have any complaints. But please, no Piette this time.

Particularly Pacheco. The guy in minimal time with the CanMNT has shown his veteran presence, and smarts on the ball. This is the ideal match in my opinion for Pacheco to be on the field, as in order to keep Mexico from scoring on us, we need to have the ball, and players with the ability to move the ball around. Here's to hoping he's in the starting XI.

Agree about Pacheco and Nakajima. As for Osorio, he has only been in a MNT camp exactly once and got on the pitch in his first game. He can hardly have any complaints. But please, no Piette this time.

With regards to Osorio, I think what Obinna is referring to is the fact that outside of Teibert and maybe Ledgerwood, Osorio is the only one who has been playing consistently for his club team in the past 1-2 months.

Yeah, it is unfortunate but the European players have had just enough time off before this tournament to no longer be in proper game shape. Julian looked sluggish on Sunday and Borjan looked shaky in the first half. Hopefully, they can get into the swing of things as the tournament progresses.

Pacheco may be another one who doesn't look very sharp in training, although he looked terrific in his very short appearance vs. Costa Rica. Then again, that was a very small sample (like most of his CMNT appearances) and it is possible that we overestimate his abilities (to perform over a whole match) -- although I would at least like the chance to see him get that opportunity.

Here's what my starting 11 would be (assuming Teibert is healthy):

Hirschfeld

Ledgerwood Edgar Henry De Jong

De Guzman Pacheco

Teibert Osorio Nakajima-Farran

Haber

What Colin Miller will probably go with:

Borjan

Ledgerwood Edgar Henry De Jong

De Guzman Piette

Teibert Bekker Ricketts

Haber

Agreed. Although I might also consider Kyle Porter, even. But if Miller didn't learn from Ventura, he isn't going to learn from Martinique.

There was a long story on the match on the front of the Seattle Times sports section today - http://seattletimes.com/html/sounders/2021369576_goldcupsoccer11xml.html

I've been in Seattle for the best part of the last 2 weeks, and it seems there's some Sounders FC article on the front of the Sports section every day. Quite a refreshing change from the Toronto Star.

PANAMA - MARTINIQUE 13th minute score is 0-0

ESPN Video Feed ENGLISH:

http://atdhe.so/soccer/watch-panama-vs-martinique-gold-cup-3f1g5

http://atdhe.so/soccer/watch-panama-vs-martinique-gold-cup-3f1g3

Either Martinique is looking strong or Canada is weak..........They are playing great against Panama. TIE guys TIE TIE TIE or BETTER YET

WIN against Panama

Hey so maybe close to impossible but if somehow a martinique or guadelupe ever won the gold cup and won the playoff for confeds cup wht would happen?? would they even have a playoff for confeds cup or would the other winner of gold cup just get in confeds by default? Did i answer my own question? I think i did

Hey so maybe close to impossible but if somehow a martinique or guadelupe ever won the gold cup and won the playoff for confeds cup wht would happen?? would they even have a playoff for confeds cup or would the other winner of gold cup just get in confeds by default? Did i answer my own question? I think i did

Imagine if they did win, then they would QUALIFY AUTOMATICALLY like Canada!!!! 12year later on even if we lose against....minows

I don't think that they're allowed to make it. A bit like in 2000 had Canada lost to Colombia, they would still have gone to the Confederations Cup in 2001.

So, Osorio for Ricketts, Bekker for Johnson and Issey for Tiebert. Not the subs I would have picked, I'm a bit worried, this group does not seem to bestrong enough either offensively or defensively. I hope they suprise me.

The only thing I'm happy about with this lineup is no Ricketts.

How the F*** does Bekker get in ahead of Pacheco, also if Aleman dosen't get into the game today. Miller should be delt too with a few boots.

Bekker AND Piette starting? Truly the worst possible lineup.

Actually, retract that. At least Ricketts isn't in there.

"Hey, Kyle, I know you're not good enough to dress against Chivas USA, but I think you'll do great against Mexico. And moonfaced fat kid over there that I remember from last game who was too slow on every play: you're back in!"

Archived