CANADA vs Mexico 11July2013 GoldCup (R) 8pm PST

canadianfoot

u gotta stay positive

for my sake PLEASE

Well, I'm being realistic. We knew Canada was in over its head against Mexico historically. Plus after seeing the Nats play against Martinique, doesn't give you confidence. This is probably one of the worst teams assembled in along time. At least Floro will see what it'll take Canada to pass the ball around better like Mexico.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only saw the last 15 minutes, but we appear to be playing much better. Makes me wonder what the hell Miller was thinking with his player selections in the first game.

We are still toothless in the final third though. Few good balls to open up the field, but no invention or killer instinct where it counts.

Right after that chance, I turned to my girlfriend and said here we go. Right off this corner. I've just watched too many Canada games I guess.

Besides that. I've been okay with the first half performance.

Bekker pulling strings in midfield; should have had an assist had it not been Issey there.

De Jong has played well, looked to get forward.

Piette has been invisible; I'm happy.

De guzman has played well stopping the Mexican attack and anticipating well today.

Haber has also been decent. Getting his head on a lot of balls and nearly putting in a couple chances from Bekker's set pieces.

Good half.

Gutted by the goal. I could have seen us seeing out a 0-0 draw, but for that breakdown, but now there's no way we get a result as this team is not scoring.

I don't think I've ever said a good word about Bekker so I should mention that he's had a good first half including a great pass to Issey (who was the worst guy out there). And Piette was better than in the first match.

Since I don't give two sh!ts whether they cap Aleman, not much to look forward to in the second half.

Well, I'm being realistic. We knew Canada was in over its head against Mexico historically. Plus after seeing the Nats play against Martinique, doesn't give you confidence. This is probably one of the worst teams assembled in along time. At least Floro will see what it'll take Canada to pass the ball around better like Mexico.

I know just trying to cheer myself up. Mexico will come at us in second half like 11guys on roids and we will TRY to park the bus and lose our heads

first 20minuts they will pound us

I only saw the last 15 minutes, but we appear to be playing much better. Makes me wonder what the hell Miller was thinking with his player selections in the first game.

We are still toothless in the final third though. Few good balls to open up the field, but no invention or killer instinct where it counts.

To be fair to the boys, I'm not entirely sure we've got talent on the field with a killer instinct. We were always looking for a nil-nil draw.

Even if they lose, at least they really are putting in a good effort so far. I can't be as upset as the last game. Obviously, this is far from our top team (and to be fair, it's far from Mexico's top team) but it was the lack of any kind of plan last game made me angry; at least we tried a few things in that half, even if they didn't work.

Using an iPad and none of the suggested feeds works. Does anyone else have any streams they can suggest?

Its probably cuz of Apple's refusal to let Flash on the Ipad. Feed works great on the PC, but I haven't tried watching it on an Android or Galaxy Tab.

To be fair to the boys, I'm not entirely sure we've got talent on the field with a killer instinct. We were always looking for a nil-nil draw.

I agree, to a certain extend. But I also think this is an example of our coaching staff only taking us so far.

I would really like to see attakora start over ledgerwood - hopefully he will come on at the half. Would also like to see what apeman can do in place of piette. Maybe porter on for haber if they don't score in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half. Or bring off Osirio and let porter and haber play up front. I watched the goal a coue of times and its clear that it wAs Edgar's man to cover. His marking was way too loose there.

I would really like to see attakora start over ledgerwood - hopefully he will come on at the half. Would also like to see what apeman can do in place of piette. Maybe porter on for haber if they don't score in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half. Or bring off Osirio and let porter and haber play up front. I watched the goal a coue of times and its clear that it wAs Edgar's man to cover. His marking was way too loose there.

Sorry mate, as far as I'm aware Attakora didn't make the squad due to concussion.

Archived