Hanson Boakai

Good for Miller. This guy is a professional he should act as such. Perhaps he does need to to Europe so he can get a reality check. NASL is not the most professional set up out there, so maybe his attitude is matching his perception of his surroundings. If he was playing at a similar level in Europe, where things are viewed as more professional - perhaps he'd shape up rather quickly

(Purely speculation..I have no idea of the specific flaws in his attitude or how he feels about anything)

Edited by Obinna

I have coached at the youth level for many years in Canada and for whatever reason have come across many very naturally talented players with lousy attitudes. Players with all the talent in the world who hate to practice , are late to practice, are late to games, have no discipline on the field at times seem disinterested in playing the game or seem like they would rather be somewhere else. It really is sad to see players with so much potential not take advantage of it just throw it away. 

It's because talented players in this country are so used to dominating and winning trophies in Canada.  They seem to be content with being Canadian superstars and are good enough to be but don't want to put in the work to be stars on the world level.  They're content with telling everyone they're soccer stars around here and no one knows any better.

Miller must be really trying to send a message because this isn't the first time.  Remember last year he showed up late to a game and was cut from the XI and 18.  And all this comes after Miller was gushing over Boakai after the V Cup.

God, I hate to be that guy, but I have heard in the past that Boakai's off-field attitude is a legitimate concern.

Could be why he didnt feature much at the u20s. The 'picked up a knock' excuse is easier than 'this kid was busy trying to pick up the local high school girls and has a shitty attitude' excuse.

I'm going to guess that Boakai's interview was done while he was at U20 qualifying. All episodes to date this year have players who were on that squad (Aparicio, Hamilton, Carducci, Adekugbe, Farmer, Ferguson, Larin, Gasparotto, Gagnon-Lapare have all had their interviews air on Canadian Football weekly the last few weeks).

Who knows, maybe there's a revelation! But I'm going to guess not.

Players with all the talent in the world who hate to practice , are late to practice, are late to games, have no discipline on the field at times seem disinterested in playing the game or seem like they would rather be somewhere else. It really is sad to see players with so much potential not take advantage of it just throw it away. 

That's not just in Canada. Every single Pro out there will tell you about that kid who used to play with him that was so much more talented. The ones that make it are usually the ones who put in the workload. The greatest players out there are the ones who are extremely talented AND put in the workload. 

That's not just in Canada. Every single Pro out there will tell you about that kid who used to play with him that was so much more talented. The ones that make it are usually the ones who put in the workload. The greatest players out there are the ones who are extremely talented AND put in the workload. 

And not just in soccer, happens in hockey and football as well. 

Looks like the Boakai interview on Gol TV was at the CONCACAF U-20s. Talks about improving his fitness and how he wanted to play but couldn't force it because of injury. (So that's interesting, as regards a discussion from months ago, but not too huge now.) Gushes about getting to see famous guys at the Colombia friendly. Not much to say about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Miller's interview from last night was on "The Sound And The Fury" podcast and Miller mentioned that Boakai was injured in preseason and was poor in training. Mentioned Boakai has grown up over the last few weeks. Has to show maturity and grow up, still young, but will play again. Also mentioned that he's a good kid, just still young, and he needs baby steps. (interview starts around 7:30, Boakai question starts around 10:45)

http://www.soundcloud.com/furyfanatic/the-sound-and-the-fury-episode

Edited by shermanator