Frank Yallop fired in San Jose

narduch

Don't think he will stay unemployed too long.

Not sure about that. He was coach of San Jose for 6 years and they absolutely sucked for 4 of them with on good one and one mediocre one in between. Yes they had a good regular season last year but one good season in six suggests that was a fluke.

Not sure about that. He was coach of San Jose for 6 years and they absolutely sucked for 4 of them with on good one and one mediocre one in between. Yes they had a good regular season last year but one good season in six suggests that was a fluke.

He also had one of the smallest budgets in MLS to work with, i'd say he did the best he could w/ the meagre resources he had to work with.

If the CSA have even the tiniest shred of intelligence, & that seems to be a mighty big if, i'd hire Yallop to be MNT Head Coach. I think he'd be willing to take the job

We tried that, he was a total disaster. The Yallop era was everything wrong with the post-Holger CSA in a nutshell. He should never have anything to do with any Canadian team again.

If the CSA have even the tiniest shred of intelligence, & that seems to be a mighty big if, i'd hire Yallop to be MNT Head Coach. I think he'd be willing to take the job

No.

He's done alright as a club coach, not spectacular but a decent B club (as in budget club) coach, but that's as much as I'll give you. His brief stint as MNT coach didn't impress me very much and just reinforced my opinion that he's a decent B club (again, as in budget club) coach. Not sure he's got the wherewithal to take the rains of a money club (the brass in LA didn't seem to think so for very long) and certainly not the skill set to manage at the senior international level. Youth maybe, seniors nay.

Yeah, no to Frank Yallop. No disrespect but we have been down that road before. We have waited too long to settle for chasing our own tail man.

The way things are going in DC, I can see them sacking Ben Olsen and giving Yallop the job. Would be fitting as there are three Canadians at that club too.

if the csa have even the tiniest shred of intelligence, & that seems to be a mighty big if, i'd hire yallop to be mnt head coach. I think he'd be willing to take the job

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I don't want Yallop to be the CMNT coach, but I think people aren't really giving him enough credit for his work in San Jose.

Saying that his team was only good in 1 in 6 seasons is completely misleading. San Jose started from scratch, with out the resources of teams like Montreal and Seattle. In Yallop's 3rd season of the new Earthquakes the team reached the final 4 in the playoffs. And last year they were the best team in the league during the regular season.

I laugh at the suggestion he may need to drop down to NASL. Yallop is well respected in MLS circles. He will be hired again in this league. Already there are rumours that he may be replacing Lenarduzzi in Vancouver.

But again, please don't hire him for the national team. Thanks.

I would be happy if Yallop replaced Lenarduzzi.

I think Yallop could offer a lot in Lenarduzzi's position. I could see Vancouver canning Lenarduzzi and Rennie; let Yallop take over both duties till he finds a suitable coach to succeed him and then he can fall back to the upper management role.

Yallop has shown one thing over the years and that's finding undervalued talent among North America.

On mulling it over, I believe if Yallop does get the Duze's job, he should let Rennie finish the year. My first idea reminds me too much of Sohen after some thought.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived