Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

18 minutes ago, aloyol said:

Are people afraid of UT?

No post about the nice finish by Osorio against MTL. And an assist on Giovinco's goal!

Thanks for valuing my opinion so much. I've been traveling....and am jet lagged ..but did see 1st half.

Osorio was good moving off the ball and givng Bradley options going forward. Perhaps more effective than Vazquez yesterday. On his goal the run was v. confident. Bradley bossed the midfield and who knows why the rival gave him so much time. Thing is: from Bradley back they are vulnerable which is why for TFC staying in possession is so important,  as is finishing plays. 

Piatti seems to be in severe decadence which sure helps rivals.

No offers reported for Oso from anywhere after last night.

7 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Travelling, jet lagged and still had time to put in an exhausting search for transfer news about Osorio.  Get this man a hero cookie!!

Exhausting indeed. Canada Post has just informed me they are pouring in, but by regular mail. 

TFC has asked to borrow John Herdman's letter opener. 

More news midmorning. 

7 hours ago, aloyol said:

Are people afraid of UT?

I'm certainly not afraid of listening to UT - that's a great album! An Italian progressive rock classic!

Of course, there's no irony at all for this thread that the band in question who released this are of course called "The New Trolls". The term had a different meaning back in 1972.....

In case anyone doesn't believe me......:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=2843

Back to the thread topic, Osorio picked up a knock on the weekend, so his status for the Portland game is in doubt. Same with Giovinco, who I have to admit sounded like he was going to cry when ripping apart the pitch after the game. They can ill afford to not have these two but at the same time flying them to Portland and aggravating their injuries (along with Vazquez) might be riskier. (I wouldn't put Osorio over Giovinco for team MVP this year as people are saying, but the fact that people are even mentioning him in the conversation is a testament of how good a year he's having).

7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Piatti seems to be in severe decadence which sure helps rivals.

Piatti was once again played out of position at centre forward by Garde even though he is always terrible whenever he plays there but Garde seemingly never learns from past mistakes. I thought a soccer genius such as yourself would be aware of basic stuff like what positions Piatti plays well in and comment on the poor coaching instead of making inane comments like he is in severe decadence. Shocking ignorance from someone who constantly accuses his fellow Caps fans of not being very knowledgeable.

12 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Piatti was once again played out of position at centre forward by Garde even though he is always terrible whenever he plays there but Garde seemingly never learns from past mistakes. I thought a soccer genius such as yourself would be aware of basic stuff like what positions Piatti plays well in and comment on the poor coaching instead of making inane comments like he is in severe decadence. Shocking ignorance from someone who constantly accuses his fellow Caps fans of not being very knowledgeable.

I feel like I'm having deja vu all over again with you two back at it. This almost belongs in that classic thread titled Explaining Voyageur Forum History or something similar.

50 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

(I wouldn't put Osorio over Giovinco for team MVP this year as people are saying, but the fact that people are even mentioning him in the conversation is a testament of how good a year he's having).

You can't underrate how important Giovinco still is to this team.  Even when Vazquez has been out, the little Italian has been a key service provider for others.

27 minutes ago, jonovision said:

What's the most they could lock him up for without making him a DP, and do we think he couldn't get more in another league?

Aketxe made over a million and was on the books as a TAM player. You can make a ton as a non DP now with all the weird different money types in the league. 

11 hours ago, jonovision said:

What's the most they could lock him up for without making him a DP, and do we think he couldn't get more in another league?

The most he could make as a TAM player is $1.5m. Given what VV, VDW and Mavinga got my guess is he's going to make $1.1m. And no I don't think he would have gotten more in another league.

On August 22, 2018 at 1:43 PM, Kent said:

I don't doubt Bezbatchenko's sincerity, but the legitimate reason to make it up would be if he actually does want to get rid of Osorio, and wants to get as much money for him as possible.

Bez and Manning both said in the press conference today that there were multiple teams in for him. That's after he signed the extension. Are you suggesting Bez still wants to get rid of Oso?

4 minutes ago, Prune_55 said:

Bez and Manning both said in the press conference today that there were multiple teams in for him. That's after he signed the extension. Are you suggesting Bez still wants to get rid of Oso?

Lose him for nothing or sign and sell?

Sports is a business. TFC will sell for the right price and as of now, that's the peak of his value.

If Demar can be traded a week after being told everything's good, Osorio can too

21 minutes ago, Prune_55 said:

No, I never said I think Bez wanted to get rid of Osorio. I was just disputing mtierney’s assertion that there is no reason why Bez would make up interest from other teams. I even said “I don’t doubt Bezbatchenko’s sincerity”, meaning I didn’t think Bez was making it up and I thought that they probably do want to keep Oso.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Osorio with another goal and assist last night to cap off a huge comeback for TFC. He’s up to 17 goals all competitions this year.

What a player he’s developed into.  I think he’s currently our best midfielder.

That was the good vs the Galaxy.  He had some poor moments, such as the giveaway deep in his own end and then getting nutmegged, leading to the cross where Kamara put it off the post, and then later he didn't compete with Kamara on his head goal off the free kick.  But I really like how he's going to the goal and that winner was a culminate of all-around good build up plan.