Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

24 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He is obviously a great player and a great Canadian. 

I mean, a great Canadian.

The greatest Canadian to be voted MVP of the Voyageurs Cup in years. 

I mean, I can't remember the last Canadian to win that award, it was SO long ago!

Osorio had more goals in this year's Voyageurs Cup than Teibert has had in his entire senior club career.

I get you're mad because your team lost, but get a grip.

5 hours ago, El Diego said:

Osorio had more goals in this year's Voyageurs Cup than Teibert has had in his entire senior club career.

I understand you are trying to make a point, but don’t use goals as a measure of skill for a holding midfielder. They olay 2 different positions

8 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He is obviously a great player and a great Canadian. 

I mean, a great Canadian.

The greatest Canadian to be voted MVP of the Voyageurs Cup in years. 

I mean, I can't remember the last Canadian to win that award, it was SO long ago!

Weren't you just crying about other people shitting on Canadian players in their own thread?

Edited by RS

3 hours ago, canta15 said:

I understand you are trying to make a point, but don’t use goals as a measure of skill for a holding midfielder. They olay 2 different positions

Semi-fair, but they're not as dissimilar players as one may think. In any case, there is no way the (perceived) advantage Teibert has defensively over Osorio makes up for the attacking advantages Osorio has over Teibert.

But I'll defer to UT's family of scouts on this one.

1 minute ago, Yoginess said:

If Toronto doesn't want him, I would love to have him on the Whitecaps next year so long as he changes his haircut.

But the Whitecaps are the club of bad haircuts. Between Brek Shea, Erik Hurtado, and whatever Russell Teibert used to have on his head, the precedent has been set a long time ago. ?

On 8/17/2018 at 9:47 AM, deschamp86 said:

Not sure when he moved to Campbellford, but he at least spent some time in Brampton as a youth

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/08/09/10-things-jay-chapman-journey-hometown-toronto-fc-and-canmnt-hopes

I looked it up. Chapman played in Kingston u11-14, then to Pickering and Ajax. So moved to Campbellford at some point around age 10-11. So we are both right. Anyhow, back to Osorio. 

On 8/16/2018 at 11:36 PM, El Diego said:

Well played, touché, you got me. 

Teibert did win MVP of the Voyageurs Cup four years ago, but not one person here has bothered to actually look up and post this. He is also the Canadian with most appearances in OUR cup.

He is also, ahem, the preferred option for Sr Benito Floro. 

And he is making 80% of what Osorio does, not bad for such a slouch. 

I do like Osorio, and everyone thinks I don't but it is not true. All I am saying, is, very simply: where's the beef?

On 8/17/2018 at 12:36 AM, El Diego said:

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Teibert did win MVP of the Voyageurs Cup four years ago

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Well played, touché, you got me. 

Teibert did win MVP of the Voyageurs Cup four years ago, but not one person here has bothered to actually look up and post this. He is also the Canadian with most appearances in OUR cup.

He is also, ahem, the preferred option for Sr Benito Floro. 

And he is making 80% of what Osorio does, not bad for such a slouch. 

I do like Osorio, and everyone thinks I don't but it is not true. All I am saying, is, very simply: where's the beef?

Where's the beef?? Exactly, why do you continue to come on the Osorio thread and make snide comments?  Is there someone going on Rusty's thread and shitting on him?  There isnt, making a list of midfielders and not having him at the top isnt somthing to cry and moan and retaliate about.   I dont get it, TFC fans are excited about Osorio, he is having his best season ever...that doesnt mean you have to pitch a fit reminding us of Teibert's highlights from 4 years ago or how many times Floro called him up (Floro has been gone 2 years by the way).  And why would we post that Teibert won the MVP on Osorio's thread,  

Seriously are you ok?  Is something wrong at home??  Why all the anger?  We are all CDN fans here, try to leave the TFC hate out of it eh?   If Teibert goes on to start regularly and have a great season we will ALL be happy about it.  Just like we are happy about Davies, David, Millar and Borjan etc etc.  

On 8/16/2018 at 1:45 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Please delete your personal insults, and respect the basic board etiquette which requires you address fellow Vs by their board name.

Otherwise, I'll ask for you to be banned, if you need to celebrate a Cup win by trying to insult someone that way then you have a serious personal problem.

You are exactly like the school yard bully who when someone hits him back then runs to teacher saying he hit me. And at least the school yard bully has the excuse that they are acting like a 10 year old because they are actually 10 years old. Pathetic and thanks for totally derailing the Osorio thread.

CONCACAF Champions League Golden Boot winner, Voyageurs Cup MVP winner, CONCACAF Champions League Finals appearance, MLS Cup Champion, MLS Supporters' Shield winner, 2 Voyageurs' Cup Championships all in the past year. If you are trying to argue against praising this guy, then you are the one letting your own bias into this conversation.

On 8/18/2018 at 1:16 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Lots of us already knew that Teibert won the MVP award four years ago. We also know that it has absolutely zero to do with Jonathan Osorio in 2018.