"Open" Training Session

Sam

http://canadasoccer.com/canada-wnt-to-hold-public-training-session-presented-by-umbro-p153985

This bugs me, on the Thursday before the CWNT against the US the team will be hosting a training session at BMO open to the public for $10. I love the idea of opening up a training session for the public to watch, but charging anything for people to come watch the team practice is ridiculous. If you really want a cheap night on Thursday for families to come watch why not schedule a friendly game at BMO against a local or university team, otherwise make the training session free. Charging to watch the team practice just seems really arrogant to me, can you imagine if one of the Canadian men's training sessions was ticketed? IIRC the only other team to charge for an open training session in Toronto was Real Madrid, it was stupid when Madrid did it and when our our national team does it at home it's even stupider.

Agreed and it only seems the CSA is using the team popularity to....get money. I wouldn't call I anything else. If it was a publicity stunt then it would be Free and like mentioned above schedule a friendly for free bring a Toy or a non perishable item to have access or something along those lines.

The US men's national team have made it a tradition to have a free open practice, a day or two before each home match, so yeh I think it is a little crazy to be doing this, charging $10. Use it as a vehicle to get the kids out and give them an up close footy experience.

Archived