Your pick of Starting 11 on June 2nd

Based on the performances of 2013, friendlies and NWSL games included, who will you pick for the upcoming games against U.S. on June 2nd?

Mcleod, D-Scott, Sess, D-Math, Schmidt, Sinclair and Buchanan would be a lock. Probably Gayle, Kyle and Zurrer as well. Not sure about the rest.

Tancredi is a bit of a wild card. Will she be on the roster for this game? Herdman has half-jokingly alluded to it earlier this year. Someone had mentioned she was training with a men's squad in St. Louis?

Some food for thought.

My guesses on the starting 11:

McLeod

Wilkinson - Buchanan - Moscato - Sesselmann

Matheson - Schmidt - Scott - Kyle

Sinclair - Foligno (high striker)

After Herdman made that comment, I directly asked Tancredi about the possibility. I got a polite but stern "no comment" -- I got the impression that it was very, very unlikely, and she didn't want to say anything that would get people's hopes up.

Good to know, squizz. Thanks!

One thing I think the team is currently missing is the physicality Tancredi brings. She's tenacious, relentless and skilled. My hope is that Oduro can play a bit of that role with the team. As I recall, she got injured during the Cyprus Cup. I'm not sure of her status though because she didn't play in the friendlies versus France or England.

Totally agree. Tancredi is like hockey's power forward that everyone team would love to have but hate to play against. I had seen Oduro played in person and she was very impressive. Hopefully Herdman will call up more youngsters for either June 2 or June 19th.

Guest Future CanWNT

^ Not on June 2nd. Herdman's said he will put out the best line up available.

That's honestly one thing that irritates me about this friendly. Playing the United States is fun and all, but it sort of interrupts our preparation for 2015. Public relations and national pride would not let us send out a developmental squad and lose 5-0: we must send out a team with the best chance of winning now, even if some of those players won't necessarily be relevant when we need them most.

But I suppose it'll be fun for the fans and that's important.

Guest Future CanWNT

If we play well against them and maybe tie or win, then it will likely increase or at least maintain the support fit the team. Everyone still remembers the them from the Olympics, but they're not in the news any more. I think this game is a great chance to to get the team back in public consciousness before 2015.

If we play well against them and maybe tie or win, then it will likely increase or at least maintain the support fit the team. Everyone still remembers the them from the Olympics, but they're not in the news any more. I think this game is a great chance to to get the team back in public consciousness before 2015.

Especially the public in Toronto, which won't get any games in 2015? Surely they'd have been better off playing in Montreal or Edmonton or Vancouver then.

EDIT: not to restart that whole argument, just saying this game doesn't seem to fit any purpose beyond "**** yeah! Americans!" and some short-term gratification.

Guest Future CanWNT
Especially the public in Toronto, which won't get any games in 2015? Surely they'd have been better off playing in Montreal or Edmonton or Vancouver then.

EDIT: not to restart that whole argument, just saying this game doesn't seem to fit any purpose beyond "**** yeah! Americans!" and some short-term gratification.

I definately agree it would have been better to have it somewhere that will get games in 2015, but I think it's good anyway. After all, the Olympics were on the other side of the Atlantic and people still paid attention. Obviously the Olympics are different because people are already following them, but if it's a good game people will hear about it no matter where it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the 18 player roster:

GK- Karina LeBlanc | USA / Portland Thorns FC

GK- Erin McLeod | USA / Chicago Red Stars

D- Kadeisha Buchanan | USA / West Virginia University*

D- Robyn Gayle | USA / Washington Spirit

D- Carmelina Moscato | USA / Chicago Red Stars

D- Rachel Quon | USA / Chicago Red Stars

D- Lauren Sesselmann | USA / FC Kansas City

D- Rhian Wilkinson | USA / Boston Breakers

D- Emily Zurrer | USA / Seattle Reign FC

M- Kaylyn Kyle | USA / Seattle Reign FC

M- Ashley Lawrence | USA / West Virginia University*

M- Diana Matheson | USA / Washington Spirit

M- Sophie Schmidt | USA / Sky Blue FC

M- Desiree Scott | USA / FC Kansas City

F- Tiffany Cameron | USA / Seattle Reign FC

F- Christina Julien | RUS / WFC Rossiyanka

F- Christine Sinclair | USA / Portland Thorns FC

F- Melissa Tancredi | unattached

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-wnt-announces-squad-for-friendly-against-usa--p154028

Herdman said he may add another player as Jonelle Filigno had to pull out for personal reasons.

Guest Future CanWNT
Here's the 18 player roster:

GK- Karina LeBlanc | USA / Portland Thorns FC

GK- Erin McLeod | USA / Chicago Red Stars

D- Kadeisha Buchanan | USA / West Virginia University*

D- Robyn Gayle | USA / Washington Spirit

D- Carmelina Moscato | USA / Chicago Red Stars

D- Rachel Quon | USA / Chicago Red Stars

D- Lauren Sesselmann | USA / FC Kansas City

D- Rhian Wilkinson | USA / Boston Breakers

D- Emily Zurrer | USA / Seattle Reign FC

M- Kaylyn Kyle | USA / Seattle Reign FC

M- Ashley Lawrence | USA / West Virginia University*

M- Diana Matheson | USA / Washington Spirit

M- Sophie Schmidt | USA / Sky Blue FC

M- Desiree Scott | USA / FC Kansas City

F- Tiffany Cameron | USA / Seattle Reign FC

F- Christina Julien | RUS / WFC Rossiyanka

F- Christine Sinclair | USA / Portland Thorns FC

F- Melissa Tancredi | unattached

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-wnt-announces-squad-for-friendly-against-usa--p154028

Herdman said he may add another player as Jonelle Filigno had to pull out for personal reasons.

Apparently he wasn't joking. It'll be good to have her in there, especially with Filigno missing.

As per the CSA Twitter:

Midfielder Danica Wu (Ohio St. / USA) and defender Kylla Sjoman (Herford SV / GER) have been added to the #canWNT camp roster.

There are a few tweets going out south of the border than Erin McLeod isn't healthy due to a hand injury. We'll see how that storyline progresses over the next week. I thought Herdman may have called up Stephanie Labbe for backup, but he hasn't done so yet.

Archived